INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: online gallery integration  (Read 9656 times)

DarkPenguin

• Citizen of the Universe
online gallery integration
« on: October 30, 2006, 04:23:20 pm »

So, if we were to integrate (not saying we will) MC with online galleries like flickr or menalto gallery how should we do it?  Seems like upload is the bulk of it...

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
Re: online gallery integration
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 04:48:21 pm »

YIPEEE!

Could I throw support for Coppermine into the melting pot as well please?

The things I can think of are:
  • Easy sync with online service, so only updated/new images are uploaded.
  • Support for some form of tag mapping, so one can map MC tags to online database tags
  • Ability to update Tag info on online service after images have been uploded.
  • Category/tag mapping for online service, so MC tags can be used as categories/albums on online service.

I do hope this is implemented, as it's the one thing lift in MC that I'd really like to do and can't.
With this implemented I believe I could use MC exclusively to manage my audio and images.

Richard

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 04:54:05 pm »

Hopefully support for Webshots  ;)

Capacity to download Webshots high quality professional images and importing them directly to MC including associated tags!

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 05:33:30 pm »

So, if we were to integrate (not saying we will) MC with online galleries like flickr or menalto gallery how should we do it?

I could care less about Upload actually, since Flickr Uploadr works wonderfully in the Send To --> External menu.  However, since I have all my pictures painstakingly tagged in MC, and these tags don't show up in Flickr on their own, if there were some way to:

• have the keywords "automagically" translate over
  • have the "album" (or some other user-definable tag) automatically fill become the Flickr "set" (this would have to be user selectable because the free Flickr accounts only let you create a limited number of sets).

I only use Flickr, but I would love to see better "tag translation" support from MC!
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

johnnyboy

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 05:54:09 pm »

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Gallery supports tags. I'd LOOOVVVVVEEEE to be able to upload photo's to it, with their ratings and tag values.
Also love if it could pull tags down from it so it was a two way process.
I could do preliminary tagging in MC, upload a photo album to Gallery2 with the basic tags I'd added and then after say a month when the users had tagged it alot more and added comments etc, sync MC up with it so it got alot more detailed tags pulled back into it.

Might be dreaming for too much but mmmmmm would that be nice!

DarkPenguin

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 10:13:50 am »

At this point Flickr hasn't approved an API key so I can't even sandbox anything.

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 10:20:39 am »

Gallery 2 user here. Haven't got around to getting the tagging into my pics yet, but a connection to Gallery would be cool. But like glynor said their upload tool works really great now. Just started scanning old family photos two nights ago. Becoming the family archivist  ::) FWIF get's a nod here.
Thanks!

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2006, 04:19:57 pm »

Gallery 2 user here. Haven't got around to getting the tagging into my pics yet, but a connection to Gallery would be cool. But like glynor said their upload tool works really great now. Just started scanning old family photos two nights ago. Becoming the family archivist  ::) FWIF get's a nod here.

I'd be interested in using Gallery2 instead of coppermine, are you uploading through MC somehow or outside of MC?

Richard

DarkPenguin

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2006, 04:32:59 pm »

Gallery 2 (and 1) has a java uploading tool that is pretty nice.

Gallery 2 is the bane of shared hosting.  Just eats CPU.  Then you have to update because "pointless widget #786 that you don't use but is too much of a pain to remove using fantastico has an exploit!"  Joy.  I like gallery software with less features.  Read: Less vectors for hackers and less shared hosting CPU to get me the dreaded excessive CPU usage messages.

The biggest problem with coppermine and gallery is that I haven't found an api to upload photos.  At this point all I want it to be able to do is just upload a photo and tag it silly.  I've got a pretty good idea how to do that with flickr but no approval from the flickr gods.

I've been using JAlbum myself.  It builds everything locally and then you upload it.  That can be a pain because it can only be done from a machine with the original files.  Oh, well.

pank2002

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 06:08:34 pm »

This would be cool! Being able to transfer tags would definitely be the number one priority, since most sites has drag-and-drop.
SmugMug is nice, and there's  a python script which should be useable as a backbone for integration with SmugMug. They should be quite willing to help out, at least that is what they say in the hacker section. Unfortunately, SmugMug is not free, thus it would/should not be top priority . . .

Doesn't Flickr compress your pictures?

-Rasmus
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 06:36:12 pm »

'nother vote for Gallery (2) here - I'm probably too invested in Gallery to turn back now...

(Didn't know there was already functionality for uploading though - or do you just mean a normal upload, nothing to do with Gallery?)

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2006, 10:01:35 pm »

The biggest problem with coppermine and gallery is that I haven't found an api to upload photos.  At this point all I want it to be able to do is just upload a photo and tag it silly.  I've got a pretty good idea how to do that with flickr but no approval from the flickr gods.

I've been using iMatch and a script to upload to coppermine, but I'd much rather use MC and do all my image management in one place.

The upload script I've been using in iMatch has a server .php script and a local script to upload and update the sql database.

I have attached them so you can see what it's doing in case it helps.
www.thepalmers.com.au/temp_txfr/CWG_Upload.zip

Richard

DarkPenguin

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2006, 02:46:12 pm »

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Gallery supports tags. I'd LOOOVVVVVEEEE to be able to upload photo's to it, with their ratings and tag values.
Also love if it could pull tags down from it so it was a two way process.
I could do preliminary tagging in MC, upload a photo album to Gallery2 with the basic tags I'd added and then after say a month when the users had tagged it alot more and added comments etc, sync MC up with it so it got alot more detailed tags pulled back into it.

Might be dreaming for too much but mmmmmm would that be nice!

How does Gallery support tags?  I'm looking for this and I'm not finding it.

fidelio

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2006, 08:42:01 am »

I am using Gallery2 and would love to see an integration with MC12.

Regarding the previous post, I just checked my Web Gallery and could find the following tags known by Gallery2:
-- valid for both individual pictures and photo albums:
Title (This is by default the filename like "IMG_0852.jpg").
Summary (By default empty) -- this is shown in the Gallery underneath the Title as explaining text (empty in my case)
Keywords (these are not visible, but searchable)   -- similar to MC12's caption tag?
Description (this is the long description)
Photo Properties (these are the EXIF tags)

At this time I use their GalleryRemote tool for uploading. It's already pretty convenient (by drag&drop of my pictures from MC12  into the tool's upload window). It also has an option to automatically shutdown the PC after completion of upload.

What an integration could offer as plus in my eyes:
- introduce photo album as structural element in MC12 and map it to Gallery's photo albums-> no need to re-enter the album names

- maintain the pictures only in one place, i.e. MC12
So if an allocation to a certain album changes, this could be updated into Gallery2 automatically.

Probably in most cases only a subset of all pictures will be synced with the Web Gallery, so a selection/tracking method in MC12 would be adequate (similar to IPOD sync).
I for my part do not need ratings in the Web Gallery to be reflected back into MC12.

johnnyboy

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2006, 05:05:38 pm »

http://gallery.menalto.com/features

Custom Fields ->> Still trying to personally work out more info about them but yeah, it supports them.

DarkPenguin

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2006, 04:40:14 pm »

I'll have to take a closer look.  Right now there is a right click menu that will let you upload to menalto gallery.

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2006, 04:45:41 pm »

Should that work with gallery2?

I tried it, but couldn't see anything happening at all! Should I see any sign that it's doing it?

I presume "address" is just the fully-qualified hostname of the server? and that path is the subdirectory that gallery's running from?

Does the album need to exist already, or will it create it if it doesn't exist?

DarkPenguin

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2006, 05:10:51 pm »

It should work with gallery 2.  It is pretty silent at this point so you kind of have to look for it.  It is very obvious when it works in the debugger.  :)

I presume the album needs to exist but I didn't check what happens if it doesn't.

One concern that I had is that I check for the .php file for gallery 1.  If it is there I try gallery one stuff.  If it doesn't I try gallery 2 stuff.  I'm a wee bit curious if that file exists on a G2 upgrade installation.

Maybe a "It worked!" dialog is in order.

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2006, 05:28:56 pm »

Hm, definitely just doesn't seem to do anything for me :-(

I didn't upgrade - I had used gallery 1 previously, but it was in a totally different folder.

I tried creating the album first, but that didn't seem to make any difference.

Do you get any kind of feedback that it's doing anything? even like a busy cursor or anything?

DarkPenguin

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2006, 08:33:48 pm »

There is no feedback.  As I said, I'll be adding some.  If the picture didn't show then it didn't work.

Remember that it wants the album.  Not the title.

johnnyboy

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2006, 09:29:20 pm »

Love your Icon and thanks for adding this.
Haven't tried it yet as have a busy few weeks but will soon I'm sure!

DarkPenguin

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2006, 04:13:36 pm »

Additional feedback has been added.  There is also a button by the album name to have the application login and get the album names.  If this doesn't work then it isn't logging in.  Check your firewalls and whatnot because it could always be getting stopped there.

If it still doesn't work let me know.

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2006, 05:32:42 pm »

ok, certainly looks better now :-)

"Find Albums" works, but the list it returns appears to just be an internal numeric ID for the album, which isn't exposed anywhere within gallery itself, so it's pretty hard to know which one to pick!

Presumably that wasn't what you were expecting?

I've got about 30 albums, so I wouldn't even know where to start to translate between the numbers and the album name, short of looking in the MySQL database to find them...

but at least I know it's query the database ok :-)

DarkPenguin

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2006, 09:17:30 pm »

It used to always ask you to rename the gallery when you created it.  Looking at G2 it appears to hide the album from the user.  (Good plan.)  I can line up the title with the album name.  I'll look into that tomorrow.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2006, 09:54:33 pm »

I have just installed Gallery2 to test.

When I upload a small image it works and appears in the gallery,  ut if I try a larger file (say 2.2MB) it fails and after about 45 seconds MC comes back with a fasiled message.

Log is below of failed upload.

Richard

Code: [Select]
Media Center; Version: 12.0.109; Types: 2047
0000000: General: Starting logging: Date: 9/11/2006 2:51:11 PM
0000000: General: Log Reset: Logging reset
0009672: Reader: CDownloadUIDlg::StartDownload: Start
0009672: Reader: CDownloadUIDlg::StartDownload: Starting download. URL = http://www.thepalmers.com.au/gallery2/gallery_remote2.php
0009672: Reader: CDownloadUIDlg::Thread: Start
0009672: Reader: CInternetReader::Open: Start
0009672: Reader: CInternetReader::Open: Opening http://www.thepalmers.com.au/gallery2/gallery_remote2.php
0009672: Reader: CInternetReader::Thread: Start
0009672: Reader: CInternetReader::DownloadFromHTTPURL: Start
0010235: Reader: CInternetReader::DownloadFromHTTPURL: Failed (header status code: 404)
0010235: Reader: CInternetReader::DownloadFromHTTPURL: Finish (563 ms)
0010235: Reader: CInternetReader::Thread: Finish (563 ms)
0010235: Reader: CInternetReader::Open: ConnectToURL failed, m_bConnectError=TRUE, URL=http://www.thepalmers.com.au/gallery2/gallery_remote2.php
0010235: Reader: CInternetReader::Open: Finish (563 ms)
0010235: Reader: CInternetReader::Close: Start
0010344: Reader: CInternetReader::Close: Finish (109 ms)
0010344: Reader: CDownloadUIDlg::Thread: Finish (672 ms)
0010360: Reader: CDownloadUIDlg::StartDownload: Finished download. Return Value = 2 (Failed to connect to a server.

Reason: Not Found
URL: http://www.thepalmers.com.au/gallery2/gallery_remote2.php)
0010360: Reader: CDownloadUIDlg::StartDownload: Finish (688 ms)
0010360: Reader: CDownloadUIDlg::StartDownload: Start
0010360: Reader: CDownloadUIDlg::StartDownload: Starting download. URL = http://www.thepalmers.com.au/gallery2/main.php?g2_controller=remote.GalleryRemote&g2_form[cmd]=login&g2_form[protocol_version]=2.0&g2_form[uname]=admin&g2_form[password]=*****
0010360: Reader: CDownloadUIDlg::Thread: Start
0010360: Reader: CInternetReader::Open: Start
0010360: Reader: CInternetReader::Open: Opening http://www.thepalmers.com.au/gallery2/main.php?g2_controller=remote.GalleryRemote&g2_form[cmd]=login&g2_form[protocol_version]=2.0&g2_form[uname]=admin&g2_form[password]=*****
0010360: Reader: CInternetReader::Thread: Start
0010360: Reader: CInternetReader::DownloadFromHTTPURL: Start
0010750: Reader: CInternetReader::DownloadFromHTTPURL: Success
0010750: Reader: CInternetReader::DownloadFromHTTPURL: Finish (390 ms)
0010766: Reader: CInternetReader::Thread: Finish (406 ms)
0010766: Reader: CInternetReader::Open: Finish (406 ms)
0010766: Reader: CDownloadUIDlg::Thread: downloadbytes=0, filelength=0
0010766: Reader: CDownloadUIDlg::Thread: open was successful, starting to read 1024 bytes at a time...
0010766: Reader: CInternetReader::Read: InternetReadFile returned true with zero bytes read: EOF
0010766: Reader: CDownloadUIDlg::Thread: bytes read = 156, numreads=1
0010766: Reader: CInternetReader::Read: InternetReadFile returned true with zero bytes read: EOF
0010766: Reader: CDownloadUIDlg::Thread: zero bytes read after 2 reads
0010766: Reader: CDownloadUIDlg::Thread: closing local file
0010766: Reader: CDownloadUIDlg::Thread: calling Close
0010766: Reader: CInternetReader::Close: Start
0010875: Reader: CInternetReader::Close: Finish (109 ms)
0010875: Reader: CInternetReader::Close: Start
0010985: Reader: CInternetReader::Close: Finish (110 ms)
0010985: Reader: CDownloadUIDlg::Thread: Finish (625 ms)
0010985: Reader: CDownloadUIDlg::StartDownload: Finished download. Return Value = 0 ()
0010985: Reader: CDownloadUIDlg::StartDownload: Finish (625 ms)
0011078: Reader: CDownloadUIDlg::StartDownload: Start
0011078: Reader: CDownloadUIDlg::StartDownload: Starting download. URL = http://www.thepalmers.com.au/gallery2/main.php?g2_controller=remote.GalleryRemote
0011078: Reader: CDownloadUIDlg::Thread: Start
0011078: Reader: CInternetReader::Open: Start
0011078: Reader: CInternetReader::Open: Opening http://www.thepalmers.com.au/gallery2/main.php?g2_controller=remote.GalleryRemote
0011094: Reader: CInternetReader::Thread: Start
0011094: Reader: CInternetReader::DownloadFromHTTPURL: Start
0071078: Reader: CInternetReader::Close: Start
0071078: Reader: CInternetReader::DownloadFromHTTPURL: Failed (header status code: -1)
0071078: Reader: CInternetReader::DownloadFromHTTPURL: Finish (59984 ms)
0071078: Reader: CInternetReader::Thread: Finish (59984 ms)
0071188: Reader: CInternetReader::Close: Finish (110 ms)
0071188: Reader: CInternetReader::Open: ConnectToURL failed, timed out (60000 seconds), URL=http://www.thepalmers.com.au/gallery2/main.php?g2_controller=remote.GalleryRemote
0071188: Reader: CInternetReader::Open: Finish (60110 ms)
0071188: Reader: CInternetReader::Close: Start
0071297: Reader: CInternetReader::Close: Finish (109 ms)
0071297: Reader: CDownloadUIDlg::Thread: Finish (60219 ms)
0071313: Reader: CDownloadUIDlg::StartDownload: Finished download. Return Value = 3 (Failed to connect to a server.

Reason: Unknown.
URL: http://www.thepalmers.com.au/gallery2/main.php?g2_controller=remote.GalleryRemote)
0071313: Reader: CDownloadUIDlg::StartDownload: Finish (60235 ms)
0071563: General: CPodcastMain::Update: Start
0071563: General: CPodcastMain::Update: Finish (0 ms)
0114531: Database: MCDB::Save: Start
0114531: Database: MCDB::Save: Saving (bCleanDB: 0, bForce: 0)
0114531: Database: MCDB::Save: Finish (0 ms)
0131688: General: CPodcastMain::Update: Start
0131688: General: CPodcastMain::TallyAndPurge: Start
0131688: General: CPodcastMain::TallyAndPurge: Search Complete
0131688: Database: CMediaFileIOLoad::Load: Loading: C:\Documents and Settings\Richard Palmer\Application Data\J River\Media Center 12\Library\Cache\File List Sort\Cache (2).dat
0131703: General: CPodcastMain::TallyAndPurge: Sort Complete
0131703: General: CPodcastMain::TallyAndPurge: Gathered Statistics
0131703: General: CPodcastMain::TallyAndPurge: Finish (15 ms)
0131703: General: CPodcastMain::Update: Finish (15 ms)
0131703: General: CMJSearchWnd::UpdatePanes: Start
0131750: General: CMJSearchWnd::UpdatePanes: Finish (47 ms)

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2006, 09:58:17 pm »

I really want to jump all over this, but can't atm, my gallery's fooked atm.

Thanks for the feature, and Rob L, thanks for the feedback.

rpalmer, have you checked the file size/dimension restrictions running either globally, or on the album?

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2006, 10:34:18 pm »

rpalmer, have you checked the file size/dimension restrictions running either globally, or on the album?

Totally new to Gallery, is this a gallery setting somewhere or part of the php.ini?

My php.ini has a 10MB file size limit, and I can upload using Gallery Remote OK.

R

CDvd

• World Citizen
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2006, 12:10:19 am »

G2 asked me to set the memory limit to 16M (memory_limit = 16M in php.ini). It did not worked fine for me when it was 8M. Just try to see if it works...

DarkPenguin, it would be cool if you can :
- make the album names to be cached (with the possibility to re-check).
- offer the possibility to resize images (if dimension is > to a set limit)

Thanks for this addition, it's a really cool tool : handy and simple!
A computer without COBOL and Fortran is like a piece of chocolate cake without ketchup and mustard.

DarkPenguin

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2006, 12:49:59 pm »

G2 asked me to set the memory limit to 16M (memory_limit = 16M in php.ini). It did not worked fine for me when it was 8M. Just try to see if it works...

DarkPenguin, it would be cool if you can :
- make the album names to be cached (with the possibility to re-check).
- offer the possibility to resize images (if dimension is > to a set limit)

Thanks for this addition, it's a really cool tool : handy and simple!

Done and done.  Probably next build.

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2006, 06:07:41 pm »

can't believe how quickly this has all been done, it's looking great now :-)

if you can just translate the album numbers into something I can understand, I'll be using this for all my Gallery uploading :-)

RobOK

• long time MC user for PC, iPod and Tivo
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2006, 06:47:54 pm »

This is great news, can't wait to try it out!!!  I have been using Gallery/Gallery2 for years along with MC, the two together is awesome!!!

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2006, 06:51:32 pm »

if you can just translate the album numbers into something I can understand, I'll be using this for all my Gallery uploading :-)

Mine displayed the album names after I did an upload, but reverts back to numbers if I do another fetch of the albums from the server.

Looks like the fetch isn't populating the names properly until after an upload for some reason.

Richard

akak718

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2006, 10:35:06 pm »

I already host all my pictures on my own webserver. I don't suppose there's a chance of MC just generating HTML or PHP that I could feed to my own server? I would love to be able to us MC for my pics, but I don't since I need to have them online and I don't want to maintain the same thing in 2 places.

-Lou

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2006, 02:20:02 am »

Does the "Send To->Web or FTP Server" not do what you want then? It allows you to create an HTML page with the pictures in....

DarkPenguin

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2006, 09:28:44 am »

What he said.  It currently makes a pretty simple web page.

Edit: I'm looking to add a version of this that uses a template to make a page.

RobOK

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2006, 03:27:09 pm »

I have retrieved the albums and get only the album numbers as stated above.  A trick until that is fixed, if you go into Gallery2 and Edit an album, the URL will contain the album number mid-way through looking like this: g2_itemId=1459 .

I tried an upload and got an error that it could not upload.

Closed dialog box and went back in -- the titles were there.  But they had numbers in front of them, so the dialog box looked like this:

0.  gggg
1.  xyz
10. qrst
11. abc

In other words, the numbers were in alphabetic order, not numeric order.  Not sure why you even need those numbers.

Still getting unsuccessful upload.  Log:

Code: [Select]
0145406: Reader: CInternetReader::Close: Finish (109 ms)
0145406: Reader: CInternetReader::Open: ConnectToURL failed, timed out (60000 seconds), URL=http://www.DomainName.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_controller=remote.GalleryRemote
0145406: Reader: CInternetReader::Open: Finish (60109 ms)
0145406: Reader: CInternetReader::Close: Start
0145515: Reader: CInternetReader::Close: Finish (109 ms)
0145515: Reader: CDownloadUIDlg::Thread: Finish (60218 ms)
0145531: Reader: CDownloadUIDlg::StartDownload: Finished download. Return Value = 3 (Failed to connect to a server.

Reason: Unknown.
URL: http://www.DomainName.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_controller=remote.GalleryRemote)
0145531: Reader: CDownloadUIDlg::StartDownload: Finish (60250 ms)

DarkPenguin

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2006, 03:59:58 pm »

The numbers were there so I didn't have to count.  They are sorting because the list control was ignoring my "don't sort this" command.  Both should be fixed.

As to why that connection is timing out I have no idea.  I'll try to look into it but I'm not sure what is up.  What size files are you sending?  What kind of files are you sending?

RobOK

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2006, 04:21:20 pm »

~3 MB jpg

As a test, I dragged the same picture from MC into the Gallery Remote client (java) and it uploaded fine, so i don't think it is php.ini type issue.  Is there a timeout, like it has to finish an upload in 60 sec or something?

Request:
*  add a progress bar on uploads, hopefully one for the whole upload job and one that shows each pictures upload.
* manage multiple galleries.  this might be too much to ask, i can understand if you don't

On the other end of the simplicity scale from Gallery2 is Simpleviewer, it is a flash based gallery.

http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simpleviewer/

I have not used it, but always have liked its simple design.

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2006, 04:26:52 pm »

ah yeah, ok, I see now that it does bring up the names after you've tried once. Weirdly I don't think it did that before when I tried...

mine isn't uploading either though - but I don't know how to get the logging you're reporting. How do I enable the logging/access the log?

DarkPenguin

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2006, 04:41:02 pm »

I've been using Jalbum.  Gallery (particularly G2) can be brutal on shared hosting.  (Or shared hosting can be brutal to Gallery.  Not sure which.)

Just found 60,000ms being stuffed into a timeout.  3MB with a cable modem is likely to be something around 2 minutes.  Guess I'll be bumping that out.  I should have something on Monday.

DarkPenguin

« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2006, 04:42:03 pm »

ah yeah, ok, I see now that it does bring up the names after you've tried once. Weirdly I don't think it did that before when I tried...

mine isn't uploading either though - but I don't know how to get the logging you're reporting. How do I enable the logging/access the log?

It is probably the same thing.  An undersized timeout.  Try with a smaller image if you could to see if it works.

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2006, 04:44:11 pm »

I was trying to upload one that's 16k :-)

DarkPenguin

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2006, 04:54:54 pm »

>:(

Help->Logging->Output to debug file.

Information is always good.  Type of file and all that.  Presumably you can login if it is showing you albums.  Make sure that works.  One thing to note is that the add item does a huge post.  This may or may not run afoul of any firewalls or whatnot.

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2006, 05:04:24 pm »

ok, I'll supply what info I can.

But I've got it set to "output to a log file", if that's what you mean... and nothing's appearing in the log.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2006, 05:15:35 pm »

What he said.  It currently makes a pretty simple web page.

Edit: I'm looking to add a version of this that uses a template to make a page.
Have you seen the options elements v5.0 offers? They do flash templates and everything!! :D

What I've long wanted from MC in the simple template stakes is:

an index page listing all uploaded albums, that gets updated each time a new album is uploaded.
at bare minimum, use [caption] as a caption under the photo, right up to being able to include all kinds of info from the database, like camera, dates, expression based strings...
an option for MC to remember the ftp password. mine's a random string of gobbledygook that I can never remember!

I think i might use a system like that instead if G2 if it were available.

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2006, 05:36:11 pm »

Just upgraded to 111 - the album names seem to be working better now.

Dunno whether it was the new version or just restarting it that did it, but the logging has started working now!

It says:

0314797: Reader: CInternetReader::DownloadFromHTTPURL: Failed (header status code: 406)
0314797: Reader: CInternetReader::DownloadFromHTTPURL: Finish (719 ms)
0314797: Reader: CInternetReader::Thread: Finish (719 ms)
0314797: Reader: CInternetReader::Open: ConnectToURL failed, m_bConnectError=TRUE, URL=http://www.mp.com/gallery/main.php?g2_controller=remote.GalleryRemote
0314797: Reader: CInternetReader::Open: Finish (719 ms)
0314797: Reader: CInternetReader::Close: Start
0314907: Reader: CInternetReader::Close: Finish (110 ms)
0314907: Reader: CDownloadUIDlg::Thread: Finish (829 ms)
0314907: Reader: CDownloadUIDlg::StartDownload: Finished download. Return Value = 3 (Failed to connect to a server.

Reason: Not Acceptable
URL: http://www.mp.com/gallery/main.php?g2_controller=remote.GalleryRemote)
0314907: Reader: CDownloadUIDlg::StartDownload: Finish (829 ms)

(I've replaced the domain name, though I don't suppose that really matters much!)

The photo is just a 16k jpg.
The gallery version is:
Gallery version = 2.1 core 1.1.0

As you say, it certainly appears to be logging in ok - it's getting the list of albums correctly.

If I get it to convert it and resize it first it makes no difference, which kind of rules out it being a problem with the file itself I guess...

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2006, 07:16:54 pm »

When I do a Find Albums I only get album numbers until I cancel and go back into the upload again, then the Titles appear.

Could the titiles please get added to the listbox when the Find Albums is done?

Cheers
Richard

DarkPenguin

« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2006, 09:52:13 pm »

They should be.  Can I assume they are not?

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2006, 10:16:59 pm »

They should be.  Can I assume they are not?

They're not for me.  I have to cancel and re-open the upload then they are there.

R

RobOK

« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2006, 08:27:06 am »

They're not for me.  I have to cancel and re-open the upload then they are there.

R

Same here - sometimes the names are there, but after an upload they are just numbers.  I think the Fetch button only brings back numbers.

I tried with a small file and got the same result as above with the "Reason: Not Acceptable".   So while I think the timeout should be fixed, that is not the underlying problem.  "not acceptable" might mean a parameter mismatch? (just a guess)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up