INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.103  (Read 3392 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.103
« on: October 30, 2006, 04:44:46 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.  

If you're new to MC, please use MC11.1 from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120103.exe

History

12.0.103 (10/30/06)

1. Changed: List and tree controls no longer track mouse movement when MC isn't the active application.
2. Changed: URLs or filenames in a playlist with (invalid) spaces at the head or tail are better supported.
3. Changed: Tree auto-expand and auto-collapse works nicer when selecting nested items from the navigation menu.
4. Changed: Theater View left-hand navigation highlight could disappear in certain cases.
5. Changed: When at the root of Theater View, the "Display View" button changes to Exit. (which goes to standard view)
6. Changed: ESC skips "Display View" when leaving Theater View. (use F11 or Shift+F11 to roll modes)
7. Changed: Improved translation support for Theater View.
8. Changed: Configured Theater View root items are stored per-language. (necessary to support translation nicely)
9. Fixed: Theater View button list wasn't always ensuring that the selection was visible when scrolling.
10. Changed: Scheduler uses the time format of the computer for creating a new event. (instead of always using 12-hr time)
11. Changed: More updated art. (should be final -- let us know if anything doesn't match the new look)
12. Fixed: Position slider handle would not appear on the Noire skin.

12.0.102 (10/26/06)

1. NEW: Scheduler can now record internet streams. (radio stations, etc.)
2. Changed: Removed experimental "advanced play" right click option.
3. Fixed: Clicking from one tag field to another in the Action Window could cause issues.
4. Fixed: When switching directly from Standard View to Theater View, the mouse would not hide until it was moved a little.
5. Fixed: The detached display window would not be properly skinned.
6. NEW: On screen display of zooming percentage when zooming video, DVD, or TV.
7. NEW: +/- keys zoom video in or out.
8. Fixed: In-place editing of pane values wouldn't update the panes until a manual refresh was performed.
9. Fixed: Panes wouldn't update right away when adding a new value in tagging mode.
10. Optimized: Minimizing and restoring the application is much faster. (skin, database, etc. are still unloaded for background usage efficiency on minimize, so some lag is expected)
11. Fixed: Compressed WAV files would not import properly.
12. Changed: Converter, Recorder, and Audio Analyzer minimize more nicely.
13. Fixed: When burning an mp3 or wma transcoded data disc, the displayed burn size and number of disks was incorrect.

12.0.101 (10/25/06)

1. NEW: Better handling of FFDShow and FLVSplitter installation and registration when playing FLV files.
2. Changed: Theater View picture skin items and backgrounds support matrix-style drawing.
3. Fixed: Theater View item positions could be shifted down one pixel.
4. Changed: Some tuning to the Noire Theater View skin.
5. Fixed: Some 3D visualizations would not handle sizing nicely.
6. Changed: Revised how FilePath(...) and FileName(...) parse URLs.
7. Fixed: Filter names in "List of DVD filters" was editable.
8. Fixed: FLAC (or other input plugin delivered types) would not properly appear in the file types list.
9. Fixed: Theater View button menus wouldn't show in exactly the correct location.
10. Fixed: Misbehaviors when selecting entries on TV channels lists on TV configuration dialogs.
11. Changed: When adding or removing files from a playlist in the Action Window, the ideal size is updated.
12. Fixed: In some cases, the tag window could apply changes to the new selection instead of the old selection when clicking around. (hopefully fixed, please let us know)
13. Changed: Fullscreen bars only appear when the mouse enters the border area, instead of automatically when switching into Display View.
14. Changed: When changing the large underlying file for CUE files, the database could incorrectly update the CUE files that link into the large file.

12.0.100 (10/24/06)

1. Changed: Made list-type field range filtering work more like v11.
2. Changed: Theater View stacks were not re-randomized on restart.
3. Changed: When Theater View skips a single item level, it still adds it to the breadcrumbs.
4. Changed: Pressing Ctrl+A while editing lyrics or bios will select all the text.
5. Fixed: The tree and Action Windows wouldn't always renegotiate for space when collapsing a tree item.
6. Fixed: Right-click "Import Into Library" did not work for CUE files.
7. Fixed: DirectShow video playback would not work after MC is started by importing a track from Windows Explorer.
8. Changed: Enumerating devices better handles memory readers with no memory in them.
9. Optimized: Starting the program with a large log file could cause startup to be slower than expected.
10. Fixed: The UPnP Server would crash if left idle before connecting.
11. Changed: CUE files work nicer with the auto-import system. (they don't show as new files each import, but instead nicely detect changes, etc.)
12. Fixed: Forward and back keyboard shortcuts would get translated when in Display View. (switching hidden views)
13. Changed: In file renaming expressions, "Unknown Artist" (or similar) is only used when formatting a field for display. (so not when doing [Duration, 0], etc.)

12.0.99 (10/23/06)

1. Fixed: Playback of http:// images could cause a crash. (also applies to Google Images)
2. Changed: Google Images "Show webpage" option works better.
3. Fixed: In-place tree editing was not the correct size.
4. Changed: Disc # is now available for video files.
5. Changed: English words could get wrongly translated in the rename from tags dialog when using a non-English language.
6. Fixed: During background thumbnail building, the status message (with cancel button) could fight with the main UI.
7. Fixed: CUE file importing / playback was not working.
8. Fixed: Theater View could hang when viewing TV or CD files.
9. Changed: Improved how and when Theater View preserves list and button selection and scroll position.
10. Fixed: When entering Theater View from windowed Display View, the mouse cursor wouldn't hide until the mouse was moved.
11. Changed: Column headers for fields with an ampersand (&) in the name wouldn't draw properly.
12. Fixed: When playing streams, failure to open temporary files may cause problems.

12.0.98 (10/19/06)

1. NEW: Introduced new Web Media system to allow downloads, native playback, and more from major media sites. (Shoutcast, Google Images, Google Video, and YouTube (more to follow))
2. Fixed: Download Action Window looked crowded towards the bottom.
3. Changed: Checkbox has replaced [HHDevice] in the HH Cache options.  Default behavior is to reset the cache rule and enable the checkbox.
4. Changed: Enter and Shift+Enter will both give new lines when editing lyrics, bios, etc.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

KeystoneCop

• Galactic Citizen
  • I hate computers..
Re: Media Center 12.0.103
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 05:18:19 pm »

select single artist complete.....STILL shows empty album's
There is a way to compare tags

[=isequal([band],[album])]=1

thanks marko

dcwebman

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 06:12:44 pm »

11. Changed: More updated art. (should be final -- let us know if anything doesn't match the new look)

It would be nice if you would change the Options Startup flag to be green instead of white. Green is what starts a race, hence startup? Also, it would be a little more colorful.
Jeff

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 09:16:28 pm »

Would you be able to add a feature that, when searching in the search box, would clear the query when the user pushes the Esc key?  I remember iTunes did this and I liked being able to start my search over with one button.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 09:30:31 pm »

3. Changed: Tree auto-expand and auto-collapse works nicer when selecting nested items from the navigation menu.

This appears to have fixed the issue of the tree not auto-collapsing when navigating using the "Favorites."

Thanks,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 09:47:50 pm »

mp4 files don't show ANY art when a library is loaded over Media Server.  By this I mean that even if I manually navigate to the files via Drives and Devices, these files STILL don't show any art as long as the library that's open is a Media Server library.  If I load the "Default" library, the same files in the SAME location DO show art.

In other words, if I have a Media Server library loaded and navigate to some mp4 files via Drives and Devices on the client, I get no art or thumbnails.  IF, on the other hand, I navigate to the exact same files with the "Default" library loaded, I DO see art for these files, even if the files are NOT imported into the library.  Having Media Server library loaded is interfering with the display of art or thumbnails on mp4 files.

Thanks,

Larry

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2006, 10:24:15 pm »

CRASH:

Synced ipod, then attempted to go into Party mode.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

jgreen

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2006, 11:01:13 pm »

Editing lyrics while listening to the track will eventually get you a crash, at least it got me that, twice.  Since lyrics don't update until the change of track I've pretty much given up on trying this outside of Doof's plugin.

To confirm:
With track playing, right-click/tag in the player window, double-click on lyrics in tag, edit away while the track plays until the whole thihng freezes and you've lost your work.

EDIT:
The crash seems to occur any time you exit out of the MC lyrics by clicking on another AW menu (Playing Now, Action Window)

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2006, 12:42:19 am »

10. Changed: Scheduler uses the time format of the computer for creating a new event. (instead of always using 12-hr time)

Yes!!
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

gappie

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 05:52:19 am »

when i have two zones, and i use trackinfo the trackinfo from the zone not in focus gets updated with the info from the playing now from the zone infocus. when just using coverart this does not happen. i understand why this would happen when both displays use the same trackinfo, but not when one is just an image.

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 06:57:59 am »

I mentioned this last week...

Theater View Fonts: sorry to bring this up again....

They still look great since the recent improvements but I just noticed that if I change the font size in the user options from anything other than "Large", the jaggered/rough edges return on my system especially on the text underneath thumbs. I've never noticed this before because I always use large fonts.

Thanks.

RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2006, 07:14:22 am »

Hm, just my personal opinion, but I think the "Party Mode" picture doesn't neither look nor fit very well. It was the first thing I was looking for after reading the changelog, because it always looked a bit... strange / amusingly  :D But the new one isn't realy better. Sorry guy  ;)

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2006, 07:34:18 am »

I defined a USB drive's folder (d:\aaa\bbb) as a Handheld device.  I selected the Recently Imported playlist to sync and set "[Artist] - [Album] ([Date (year)])\" as the Audio directory.

On sync, MC12 always says every file needs to be synced (even after syncing) and the Detail view never shows any files when selected.

This exact same setup (configuration) works fine in MC11.

----

iPod Nano syncing continually syncs the same 14 photos I have to it (as if MC12 thinks they are changing or never in-sync).  MC11 does not do this.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2006, 07:38:47 am »

Action Window -> Tag -> Playlists

The action window doesn't resize currectly after entering this view. It reduces its size correct when expandig the Organization Tree but it raises just to that point the Tag view had before.

So if the Tag windows is very small (less chosen tags to show) the Playlists view stays small even if it needs (and the Organization Tree gives) more space.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2006, 11:06:33 am »

It would be nice if we could use rules in find and replace.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

chaznet

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2006, 11:44:28 am »

::)  Would love to play around with the new program, but, it only stays on my screen about 30 seconds before it 'causes and error and needs to exit' :(

Really like the look!  One stupid little observation though -- you're new icon, not nearly as nice as the MC11 icon -- in fact, the MC12 icon looks like an earlier version of the MC11.  As I can't use the program, all I can do is comment on the icon :)

The skin/interface looks very nice though!!!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2006, 12:27:27 pm »

::)  Would love to play around with the new program, but, it only stays on my screen about 30 seconds before it 'causes and error and needs to exit' :(

Really like the look!  One stupid little observation though -- you're new icon, not nearly as nice as the MC11 icon -- in fact, the MC12 icon looks like an earlier version of the MC11.  As I can't use the program, all I can do is comment on the icon :)

The skin/interface looks very nice though!!!

Uninstall, reboot, and reinstall.

Also, try renaming the legacy plugin key in case an MC 11 plugin is causing problems:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JRiver\Media Jukebox
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2006, 01:48:40 pm »

I do not think you are supposed to be able to edit the Bitrate field, but you can.
. . . the game is rigged

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2006, 03:59:52 pm »

Could we have different art for different list styles (in toolbar)?
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up