INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.104  (Read 5133 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.104
« on: October 31, 2006, 04:42:51 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved. 

If you're new to MC, please use MC11.1 from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120104.exe

History

12.0.104 (10/31/06)

1. Fixed: Plugin Manager would not use the correct art for Output plugins.
2. Changed: Keyboard shortcut for clearing the search box is now "Escape" instead of "Shift+Escape".
3. Fixed: Editing Lyrics, and then clicking to a different Action Window could cause a crash.
4. Changed: More art updates.
5. Fixed: Playing a small image with transparency fullscreen wouldn't always fill the background with a checkerboard pattern properly.
6. Changed: When seeking (or jumping to skip commercials in TV), the current on-screen-display shows the new position.
7. NEW: Added DVB-T frequency maps for Australia and UK, and hoping it will have some effect.
8. Fixed: Improved handling for severe scratches when secure ripping CD's. UI used to freeze.
9. Changed: Video zooming takes much finer steps.
10. Optimized: Image playback now faster.
11. Optimized: Handheld cache pruning (happens at the end of a transfer) is much faster.
12. Changed: Revised default expansion states in the handheld options tree.
13. Changed: Action Window "Display" has independent visualization selection from Standard View. (much like Mini View already works)
14. Changed: Files with an empty album are now considered from an incomplete album instead of a complete album.
15. Changed: Google Video playback would fail in some cases.
16. Fixed: Library Server playback could hang at the end of a track with audio conversion enabled.

12.0.103 (10/30/06)

1. Changed: List and tree controls no longer track mouse movement when MC isn't the active application.
2. Changed: URLs or filenames in a playlist with (invalid) spaces at the head or tail are better supported.
3. Changed: Tree auto-expand and auto-collapse works nicer when selecting nested items from the navigation menu.
4. Changed: Theater View left-hand navigation highlight could disappear in certain cases.
5. Changed: When at the root of Theater View, the "Display View" button changes to Exit. (which goes to standard view)
6. Changed: ESC skips "Display View" when leaving Theater View. (use F11 or Shift+F11 to roll modes)
7. Changed: Improved translation support for Theater View.
8. Changed: Configured Theater View root items are stored per-language. (necessary to support translation nicely)
9. Fixed: Theater View button list wasn't always ensuring that the selection was visible when scrolling.
10. Changed: Scheduler uses the time format of the computer for creating a new event. (instead of always using 12-hr time)
11. Changed: More updated art. (should be final -- let us know if anything doesn't match the new look)
12. Fixed: Position slider handle would not appear on the Noire skin.

12.0.102 (10/26/06)

1. NEW: Scheduler can now record internet streams. (radio stations, etc.)
2. Changed: Removed experimental "advanced play" right click option.
3. Fixed: Clicking from one tag field to another in the Action Window could cause issues.
4. Fixed: When switching directly from Standard View to Theater View, the mouse would not hide until it was moved a little.
5. Fixed: The detached display window would not be properly skinned.
6. NEW: On screen display of zooming percentage when zooming video, DVD, or TV.
7. NEW: +/- keys zoom video in or out.
8. Fixed: In-place editing of pane values wouldn't update the panes until a manual refresh was performed.
9. Fixed: Panes wouldn't update right away when adding a new value in tagging mode.
10. Optimized: Minimizing and restoring the application is much faster. (skin, database, etc. are still unloaded for background usage efficiency on minimize, so some lag is expected)
11. Fixed: Compressed WAV files would not import properly.
12. Changed: Converter, Recorder, and Audio Analyzer minimize more nicely.
13. Fixed: When burning an mp3 or wma transcoded data disc, the displayed burn size and number of disks was incorrect.

12.0.101 (10/25/06)

1. NEW: Better handling of FFDShow and FLVSplitter installation and registration when playing FLV files.
2. Changed: Theater View picture skin items and backgrounds support matrix-style drawing.
3. Fixed: Theater View item positions could be shifted down one pixel.
4. Changed: Some tuning to the Noire Theater View skin.
5. Fixed: Some 3D visualizations would not handle sizing nicely.
6. Changed: Revised how FilePath(...) and FileName(...) parse URLs.
7. Fixed: Filter names in "List of DVD filters" was editable.
8. Fixed: FLAC (or other input plugin delivered types) would not properly appear in the file types list.
9. Fixed: Theater View button menus wouldn't show in exactly the correct location.
10. Fixed: Misbehaviors when selecting entries on TV channels lists on TV configuration dialogs.
11. Changed: When adding or removing files from a playlist in the Action Window, the ideal size is updated.
12. Fixed: In some cases, the tag window could apply changes to the new selection instead of the old selection when clicking around. (hopefully fixed, please let us know)
13. Changed: Fullscreen bars only appear when the mouse enters the border area, instead of automatically when switching into Display View.
14. Changed: When changing the large underlying file for CUE files, the database could incorrectly update the CUE files that link into the large file.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 12.0.104
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 05:37:55 pm »

13. Changed: Action Window "Display" has independent visualization selection from Standard View. (much like Mini View already works)

This solves the problem with the AW "Display" window -- thanks for changing this!

The Theater View "Display" window, however, still suffers from the original problem -- i.e. when in the regular track view in Theater View, the lower left corner display still shows a small corner of the "track info" display.  Would it be possible to have the Theater View "Display" corner show the same thing as the TW "Display" view, or even just always show cover art?

Thanks,

Larry

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 06:26:09 pm »

If I change the Theater View font size in the user options from anything other than "Large", the jaggered/rough edges problem returns for all text underneath thumbs only. I've never noticed this before because I always use large fonts.

Thanks.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 06:50:55 pm »

Changed: When seeking (or jumping to skip commercials in TV), the current on-screen-display shows the new position.

Thanks, this is great! By the way, it works in normal video playback also which is great but only for Shift+Ctrl+arrow keys and not for the normal default Ctrl+arrow keys.
Z-Wave Home Automation

jgreen

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 06:57:24 pm »

The otto watch folder setup has a file association for "MS Office" files (.doc, .xls, .csv, etc), but there is no corresponding file association for these files in "tools/options/file associations".  Should there be?

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 08:06:38 pm »

BUG: On the detached window, the minimize, expand, and close buttons on the top right do not glow when hovered on.

EDIT: this is also true for all other sub windows such as options, plug-in manager, registration info, about, etc, etc...the buttons only glow on standard view, mini view, and display mode

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 08:55:22 pm »

12.0.104 (10/31/06)

Thank you... ;D

Once again the J River team listens and we really appreciate it.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
Crash...
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2006, 09:08:36 pm »

1) Installed 12.0.104, it scanned my music library which contained some WMA files.
2) Quit MC.
3) Replaced the WMA files with FLAC versions.
4) Started MC, and clicked on Audio. 

After a couple of seconds, all the WMA files dissappeared as expected from the library, but then MC just crashed.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2006, 11:07:49 pm »

Audible files transferred to an iPod (5G) using MC12 do not complete -- the ends get cut off.  The amount that gets cut off seems to depend on the overall length of the program.  The longer the program, the more of it gets cut off.  This isn't a huge problem if it happens close enough to the end so that you only miss the "Audible hopes you have enjoyed this program" statement, but I just missed the last few lines of a book because a full minute was cut off.  I had to listen to the end of the book in MC when I got home (this doesn't happen in MC.)

This did NOT happen when using MC11 to sync the same files.  I tested some books that I had previously listened to (which did NOT get cut off when I listened to them before), and the endings are now cut off on these as well.

I started a thread that gives more details on this issue:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36806.msg251098#msg251098

UPDATE:  I tried deleting and re-transferring some Audible tracks to the iPod, and they were either "fixed," or "nearly fixed."  The 6 1/2 hour program only cut off 3 seconds after the new sync, which "could" indicate that it was no longer having this problem (I don't know how accurate the counter is on aa files.)  Please see the post linked above for more followup details on this issue.

Thanks,

Larry

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 11:15:04 pm »

Lalittles problem happened to me when listening to an mp3 audiobook  on my ipod too. I have yet to test the mp3s in MC to confirm that it wasnt the actual mp3's fault though.

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 11:51:59 pm »

4. Changed: More art updates.

Could we have different art for different list styles (in toolbar)?
Now they are all the same ...
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2006, 02:15:29 am »

Lalittles problem happened to me when listening to an mp3 audiobook  on my ipod too. I have yet to test the mp3s in MC to confirm that it wasnt the actual mp3's fault though.

You mean an audiobook that you ripped from a CD, or one from Audible?  So far, I haven't noticed any issues with straight "mp3" files -- I've only found problems with ".aa" files from Audible.com.

Please let us know if you have any further information on this.

Thanks,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2006, 05:10:03 am »

Bugs:

- Art is still not working with Audible files.

- Various problems with mp4 playback (as outlined in previous build threads) that are not problems when opening the same files with Quicktime.

- .log files cannot be opened via Media Server.

- .log files cannot be added to the watch folder filetypes even though these files CAN be "imported" into the MC library and opened by MC using notepad.

Thanks,

Larry

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2006, 06:41:13 am »

If we could have this for Theater View as well ?
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2006, 06:46:27 am »

When I start playback in Theater View and have the option to Jump On Play set to  Display View the display jumps to standard view not display view.

So I get my video or track info display in the bottom left corner instead of full screen

This also brings me back to an old request... any chance of having the same options for jump on play as Standard View has, so that audio can display playing now and video can go full screen???

Richard

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2006, 06:54:27 am »

I defined a USB drive's folder (d:\aaa\bbb) as a Handheld device.  I selected the Recently Imported playlist to sync and set "[Artist] - [Album] ([Date (year)])\" as the Audio directory.

On sync, MC12 always says every file needs to be synced (even after syncing) and the Detail view never shows any files when selected.

This exact same setup (configuration) works fine in MC11.

----

iPod Nano syncing continually syncs the same 14 photos I have to it (as if MC12 thinks they are changing or never in-sync).  MC11 does not do this.

----

When using the Configure Library Fields screen under Options->Library & Folders->Standard Library Fields, click & Edit Field (popup), you cannot see/scroll the read-only text under the Data group for Template.  So, lots of fields get truncated and you can't see what they do or are set to.  Frustrating when you want to make a user field like a standard field, but you can't see and/or select and copy the values.

dcwebman

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2006, 07:30:54 am »

Thanks from all the trackinfo users!
Jeff

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2006, 08:45:55 am »

This has been around for ages...

When bringing up a context menu on a list in Theater View, the menu apears chopped off (in terms of it's horizonal length) and looks pretty strange expecially with some skins. In MC11, it used to extend all the way to the far right of the screen and this looked a lot better IMO.

Would it be possible to have this fixed pleased? I checked but it doesn't look like something which can be changed by we mere mortals.  :)

Thanks.
Z-Wave Home Automation

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2006, 08:51:37 am »

Action Window -> Tag -> Playlists

The action window doesn't resize currectly after entering this view. It reduces its size correct when expandig the Organization Tree but it raises just to that point the Tag view had before.

So if the Tag windows is very small (less chosen tags to show) the Playlists view stays small even if it needs (and the Organization Tree gives) more space.

KeystoneCop

• Galactic Citizen
  • I hate computers..
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2006, 11:19:50 am »

more fields ---  album type ---- single artist complete

still brings up empty ablums with multile artists.

modifier---- full albums -----

this does not work at all any more..
There is a way to compare tags

[=isequal([band],[album])]=1

thanks marko

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2006, 11:32:06 am »

more fields ---  album type ---- single artist complete

still brings up empty ablums with multile artists.

Try changing an artist to force a refresh.  This should be fixed.

modifier---- full albums -----

this does not work at all any more..

I can't reproduce this.  A search "trina ~a" returns the Blues Traveler album with "Trina Magna" on it.

jaingaurav

• Recent member
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2006, 11:43:15 am »

I've just tried MC 12 and ites great! Nice work guys!

Hey I found a bug thogh right after a few minutes of trying it out. If you close MC and it has items in your Playing Now list, and then if you restart MC and it opens up the Start page. Then if you press play, it will complain there is nothing to play. Switching to the Playing Now view fixes this.

Also is the last.fm plugin part of MC 12? Or that playing now plugin that pops up the album info?

Thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2006, 11:45:11 am »

Hey I found a bug thogh right after a few minutes of trying it out. If you close MC and it has items in your Playing Now list, and then if you restart MC and it opens up the Start page. Then if you press play, it will complain there is nothing to play. Switching to the Playing Now view fixes this.

Switch the option here:
Options > General > Play Button

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2006, 01:47:13 pm »

When editing a playlist...once the playlist gets long enough that a scroll-bar is neccessary, as you add new tracks to the playlist, the list doesn't automagically scroll to the bottom, so you lose sight of the bottom tracks. The only way to view them is to grab the scrollbar...
Cheers
Rob

Sauzee

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2006, 02:02:03 pm »

Some of my flac files have disappeared from the library. MC can't re-import them.

brainsoup

• World Citizen
  • Sexy! No No No...
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2006, 02:16:10 pm »

Ipod will still not play music purchased from the ITunes store as described here

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36757.0

KeystoneCop

• Galactic Citizen
  • I hate computers..
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2006, 04:32:45 pm »

Try changing an artist to force a refresh.  This should be fixed.

I can't reproduce this.  A search "trina ~a" returns the Blues Traveler album with "Trina Magna" on it.

changing the artist fixed the single artist complete

i am just using the full album modifier with nothing else..  probably using it wrong.  that's ok  I don't use it anyway.. just thought it would return only full albums
There is a way to compare tags

[=isequal([band],[album])]=1

thanks marko
Pages: [1]   Go Up