INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Action Window Fileplaylist resizing  (Read 938 times)

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Action Window Fileplaylist resizing
« on: November 02, 2006, 04:43:11 pm »

Action Window -> Tag -> Playlists
The action window doesn't resize currectly after entering this view. It reduces its size correct when expandig the Organization Tree but it raises just to that point the Tag view had before.

So if the Tag windows is very small (less chosen tags to show) the Playlists view stays small even if it needs (and the Organization Tree gives) more space. [...]

[...]
This one is by design, so that it's smooth seeming when going into the playlists list.  If other people also think this is a mistake, we can reconsider.

Thanks for adressing this, Matt!

I get the point of Matts idea. A nice thing to solve this (and some other similar problems) would be a resizable action window… I’m sure: no chance for this ;) Perhaps I can add this to my MC 13 wishlist next summer :)

Anyway: I think it should be changed, so that the fileplaylist window always resizes every time like the tag window itself does. “Smooth seeming” shouldn’t be as important as usability in my eyes.

1) collapse everything in organization tree; select any audio file, go to “tag” in action window, choose Show tags in current view (this shouldn’t be to many tags…), click on Playlists, expand some playlists.
You will see: the window doesn’t raise its height though it could.

2) collapse everything in organization tree; select any audio file, go to “tag” in action window, choose Show all tags, click on Playlists, expand some playlists and some organization tree items.
You will see: the action window raises its height and reduces it.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re: Action Window Fileplaylist resizing
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 09:17:20 am »

Hm, looks like nobody else is interested in this...

Then one little question to you again, Matt: You said, you decided to handle this as you did, because of a "smooth seeming". I don't understand why this is important when entering the fileplaylist window but not when entering the format info window. When I click "format", action window resizes in a way I'd like to have in filsplaylist window to.
Pages: [1]   Go Up