INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.105  (Read 4617 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.105
« on: November 01, 2006, 05:01:54 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved. 

If you're new to MC, please use MC11.1 from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120105.exe

History

12.0.105 (11/01/06)

1. Fixed: Using a handheld while switching libraries or closing the program could cause a crash. (by design, handheld operations are cancelled when switching libraries)
2. NEW: DirectX video playback automatically bookmarks videos. (tap previous button to seek to the beginning) (doesn't apply to non-DirectX playback, or internet streams)
3. NEW: CTRL+SHIFT+L selects the next available audio stream in DVD.
4. Fixed: iPod image sync would send the same images over and over.
5. Fixed: Windows Media 11 would not support lossless WMA encoding.
6. Fixed: mp4 media streamed from Media Server could not play in DirectShow.
7. Fixed: Real media (ra, rm, ram) streamed from Media Server could not play in DirectShow.

12.0.104 (10/31/06)

1. Fixed: Plugin Manager would not use the correct art for Output plugins.
2. Changed: Keyboard shortcut for clearing the search box is now "Escape" instead of "Shift+Escape".
3. Fixed: Editing Lyrics, and then clicking to a different Action Window could cause a crash.
4. Changed: More art updates.
5. Fixed: Playing a small image with transparency fullscreen wouldn't always fill the background with a checkerboard pattern properly.
6. Changed: When seeking (or jumping to skip commercials in TV), the current on-screen-display shows the new position.
7. NEW: Added DVB-T frequency maps for Australia and UK, and hoping it will have some effect.
8. Fixed: Improved handling for severe scratches when secure ripping CD's. UI used to freeze.
9. Changed: Video zooming takes much finer steps.
10. Optimized: Image playback now faster.
11. Optimized: Handheld cache pruning (happens at the end of a transfer) is much faster.
12. Changed: Revised default expansion states in the handheld options tree.
13. Changed: Action Window "Display" has independent visualization selection from Standard View. (much like Mini View already works)
14. Changed: Files with an empty album are now considered from an incomplete album instead of a complete album.
15. Changed: Google Video playback would fail in some cases.
16. Fixed: Library Server playback could hang at the end of a track with audio conversion enabled.

12.0.103 (10/30/06)

1. Changed: List and tree controls no longer track mouse movement when MC isn't the active application.
2. Changed: URLs or filenames in a playlist with (invalid) spaces at the head or tail are better supported.
3. Changed: Tree auto-expand and auto-collapse works nicer when selecting nested items from the navigation menu.
4. Changed: Theater View left-hand navigation highlight could disappear in certain cases.
5. Changed: When at the root of Theater View, the "Display View" button changes to Exit. (which goes to standard view)
6. Changed: ESC skips "Display View" when leaving Theater View. (use F11 or Shift+F11 to roll modes)
7. Changed: Improved translation support for Theater View.
8. Changed: Configured Theater View root items are stored per-language. (necessary to support translation nicely)
9. Fixed: Theater View button list wasn't always ensuring that the selection was visible when scrolling.
10. Changed: Scheduler uses the time format of the computer for creating a new event. (instead of always using 12-hr time)
11. Changed: More updated art. (should be final -- let us know if anything doesn't match the new look)
12. Fixed: Position slider handle would not appear on the Noire skin.

12.0.102 (10/26/06)

1. NEW: Scheduler can now record internet streams. (radio stations, etc.)
2. Changed: Removed experimental "advanced play" right click option.
3. Fixed: Clicking from one tag field to another in the Action Window could cause issues.
4. Fixed: When switching directly from Standard View to Theater View, the mouse would not hide until it was moved a little.
5. Fixed: The detached display window would not be properly skinned.
6. NEW: On screen display of zooming percentage when zooming video, DVD, or TV.
7. NEW: +/- keys zoom video in or out.
8. Fixed: In-place editing of pane values wouldn't update the panes until a manual refresh was performed.
9. Fixed: Panes wouldn't update right away when adding a new value in tagging mode.
10. Optimized: Minimizing and restoring the application is much faster. (skin, database, etc. are still unloaded for background usage efficiency on minimize, so some lag is expected)
11. Fixed: Compressed WAV files would not import properly.
12. Changed: Converter, Recorder, and Audio Analyzer minimize more nicely.
13. Fixed: When burning an mp3 or wma transcoded data disc, the displayed burn size and number of disks was incorrect.

12.0.101 (10/25/06)

1. NEW: Better handling of FFDShow and FLVSplitter installation and registration when playing FLV files.
2. Changed: Theater View picture skin items and backgrounds support matrix-style drawing.
3. Fixed: Theater View item positions could be shifted down one pixel.
4. Changed: Some tuning to the Noire Theater View skin.
5. Fixed: Some 3D visualizations would not handle sizing nicely.
6. Changed: Revised how FilePath(...) and FileName(...) parse URLs.
7. Fixed: Filter names in "List of DVD filters" was editable.
8. Fixed: FLAC (or other input plugin delivered types) would not properly appear in the file types list.
9. Fixed: Theater View button menus wouldn't show in exactly the correct location.
10. Fixed: Misbehaviors when selecting entries on TV channels lists on TV configuration dialogs.
11. Changed: When adding or removing files from a playlist in the Action Window, the ideal size is updated.
12. Fixed: In some cases, the tag window could apply changes to the new selection instead of the old selection when clicking around. (hopefully fixed, please let us know)
13. Changed: Fullscreen bars only appear when the mouse enters the border area, instead of automatically when switching into Display View.
14. Changed: When changing the large underlying file for CUE files, the database could incorrectly update the CUE files that link into the large file.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 12.0.105
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 05:16:06 pm »

Still having problems with mp4 playback -- both over Media Server and locally -- even after checking the "mp4" box in the Directshow options.

(See this thread for more details:  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36823.0)

Larry

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 05:40:43 pm »

--------
reading data DVDs
inserting a data DVD containing 1000 image files hangs MC for more than 5 minutes.
Discussion here, where there's other problems regarding working with the files on the DVD, and a DVD burning peculiarity I've not had time to retest yet.
--------
slideshow playback from library browser
from [album] tiles, during audio playback, select an album tile and then click on the "play" link. The slideshow always begins with the last file in the list.
--------
ipod - G5
images set to convert to 640x480 on transfer.
Every image in the list is sync'd, every time, regardless. Allow a sync to finish, press the recheck sync button, and see all the image files Q'd up for a delete 'n' sync, again.
Almost there. For some reason, this[/b] image, and one other from the canon camera still want to sync every time. Let me know if you need the canon image, it's 2+ megs so I went for the smaller kodak file.
--------
'Tag' Action Window
(Panes view, Tagging mode: On) Select an image, open the [people] tag in the AW and tick a person. Keep the file selection and leave the AW as it is, and now tick a different tag in a pane. Notice the previously tagged people in the AW gets cleared.
--------
Camera (aquire)
.avi files are not being aquired from the camera. (Discuss?)
MC is not able to determine how many files it's aquiring, merely stating "image 1 of ??". Elements and, IIRC, windows, are both able to present this information.
--------
Display View:
When using two split views, launch display view (by double clicking an image?). When returning to standard view, focus has switched to the other view in the split. (Discuss?)
--------
Wishes
  • hopefully, these tag window tweaks are still on the list.
  • An "Apply" button for the 'Edit/Add View Scheme' dialogue. (Discuss?)
  • Expressions in the 'base path' field of the rename from props tool. (Discuss?)
  • .tif file tag reading at a minimum, writing would be nice too if possible (Discuss?)
  • the ability to set a library field to be used as a caption for images and/or thumbnails when using the 'send to > web/ftp > create html' tool
  • I would like to be able to use a date expression in the aquire images general "path" option, and for the scanner, I'd like to be able to setup some incremental file naming rule
  • when playing both audio and images, the dislay's context menu has "send to... (currently playing track)" would love to see "send to... (currently displayed image)" on there too.
  • Could we get a "loop slideshow" option in the image playback settings? If that's possible, could we also have access to the setting when right-click on a slideshow display? This would help greatly with image playcounts being messed up when absent-mindedly left playing in the display window.
  • Navigational favourites could use a little spit and polish. (Discuss?)
--------

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 06:08:03 pm »

I just ran into the issue where when editing tags, clicking on a new field fills in this field with the information from the previous field.  I don't know the exact order of circumstances that led to this, but was fixing some names on Audible files and I suddenely noticed I had two files with the same name.  Luckily, a couple presses of "Undo" returned the second file to the correct name.

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 06:18:54 pm »

- Art is still broken on Audible files.  aa files that showed art in MC11 do not show it in MC12, and new Audible downloads no longer indicate that art is "inside file."  I really miss Audible file artwork, both in MC and on my iPod (i.e. ever since switching to MC12 for iPod synching, I no longer see artwork for aa files on my iPod.)

Thanks to anyone for looking into this.

- Also, log files cannot be opened over Media Server (they CAN be opened on the server), and this filetype cannot be added to the OTTO list even though these files CAN be imported into MC.

Larry

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 07:10:22 pm »

When I start playback in Theater View and have the option to Jump On Play set to  Display View the display jumps to standard view not display view.

So I get my video or track info display in the bottom left corner instead of full screen

This also brings me back to an old request... any chance of having the same options for jump on play as Standard View has, so that audio can display playing now and video can go full screen?

Richard

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 07:25:18 pm »

This has been around for ages...

When bringing up a context menu on a list in Theater View, the menu apears chopped off (in terms of it's horizonal length) and looks pretty strange expecially with some skins. In MC11, it used to extend all the way to the far right of the screen and this looked a lot better IMO.

Would it be possible to have this fixed pleased? I checked but it doesn't look like something which can be changed by we mere mortals. 

Thanks.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

darichman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 07:32:28 pm »

NEW: Added DVB-T frequency maps for Australia and UK, and hoping it will have some effect.

I live in Australia, but this still doesn't fix my TV problems. Whenever I click on "options", "watch" etc in the TV Tuner area, I just get a "Failed to Play TV. unknown error" message.

I have a standard Dell TV tuner.

TV works fine for me from within windows media center.

chaznet

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2006, 07:52:51 pm »

Still having issues with Windows Mobile 5 and syncing w/MC12

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36815.0

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2006, 08:37:09 pm »

I defined a USB drive's folder (d:\aaa\bbb) as a Handheld device.  I selected the Recently Imported playlist to sync and set "[Artist] - [Album] ([Date (year)])\" as the Audio directory.

On sync, MC12 always says every file needs to be synced (even after syncing) and the Detail view never shows any files when selected.

This exact same setup (configuration) works fine in MC11.

----

When using the Configure Library Fields screen under Options->Library & Folders->Standard Library Fields, click & Edit Field (popup), you cannot see/scroll the read-only text under the Data group for Template.  So, lots of fields get truncated and you can't see what they do or are set to.  Frustrating when you want to make a user field like a standard field, but you can't see and/or select and copy the values.

JONCAT

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2006, 10:02:33 pm »

1. Using shared library and switching the read-only user results in lost thumbnails which need to be rebuilt from scratch.

2. Right click "Start" in Start next to refresh...crashes MC. I was trying to see if I could load my Google homepage....

3. and tried News in Theater View; trying to log in isn't possible because cursor is not allowed to stay in the username field or any field...seems to default to the buttons after selecting the text box.

DC

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2006, 10:48:40 pm »

2. NEW: DirectX video playback automatically bookmarks videos. (tap previous button to seek to the beginning) (doesn't apply to non-DirectX playback, or internet streams)

Fantastic! Thankyou!!!

Small bug: If you pause before seeking and then hit play, playback always resumes from the last bookmark regardless.

Thanks.

EDIT: A worse related problem:- If you're watching a video from a bookmarked spot and then hit pause, when you resume playback, it picks up from the same bookmark again rather than where you paused!
Z-Wave Home Automation

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2006, 12:42:39 am »

3. NEW: CTRL+SHIFT+L selects the next available audio stream in DVD.

Thanks for this too! I think though that it would be good if this command had it's own MCC command as well to keep it consistent with the way the dvd menu is envoked. I think for this function, I'd actually prefer an MCC command for this over a hot key sequence although both would be perfect.

Thanks again for taking the time to consider this request!
Z-Wave Home Automation

brainsoup

• World Citizen
  • Sexy! No No No...
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2006, 12:53:18 am »

Ipod will still not play music purchased from the ITunes store as described here

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36757.0

brainsoup

• World Citizen
  • Sexy! No No No...
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2006, 01:14:27 am »

4. Fixed: iPod image sync would send the same images over and over.

Having problem with one photo still doing this. I have rated this one in MC...don't know if that's the issue

Also all my videos are doing exactly the same thing (i.e. re-syncing every time) They have been tagged as music video's in the MEDIA_SUBTYPE field

jaingaurav

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2006, 03:58:08 am »

Hey Matt thanks for your advice to fix my Options > General > Play Button to allow playing music when I'm on the "Start" page. However there is still this bug that if you set the option to play visible files only, switch to playing now and play some music, stop the music, and return to the start page. Pressing play now will play the music, when it shouldn't cause there are no tracks shown on the Start page.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2006, 08:20:59 am »

I have a standard Dell TV tuner.

Is this a TV tuner that comes with a Dell Computer, or a TV tuner made by Dell?

Is it for analog or digital TV?

In MC, try Tools -> Options -> Playback -> TV Tuner -> Reset TV Settings ...
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2006, 08:39:29 am »

The FormatDate() function appears to be bugged when using Year.

See __THIS__ .

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2006, 01:07:38 pm »

I backed up from a library (nothing bad with MC) but when I rebuilt the thumbnails, I noticed that multiple files (haven't found them all) are without thumbnails but are not indicated within MC to have a missing image.  I have tried quick find in file/cover art directory  and copy to clipboard, but the image just isn't there.

Any ideas on how this could happen, and how to find the files without thumbnails easily?

thanks
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

dremo

• Junior Woodchuck
Long file path will not play
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2006, 01:14:32 pm »

I've noticed that some of my files will not stream in MC12. I have verified that they stream in 11 without a problem.

I think it may be due to the length of the file path. The client shows the file path for a song to be

m01p://prenl.dindnd.org:80/C:\Music\Pearl Jam\Live On Two Legs\Untitled - 06.mp3 

(There is a space before and after the dash in the file name.)

When I took out the spaces so the path read

m01p://prenl.dindnd.org:80/C:\Music\Pearl Jam\Live On Two Legs\Untitled-06.mp3

it would play fine. (I change the server URL, but it's still the same number of characters). Songs with titles shorter than this song played fine, but anything longer would give me an error that read "Media Center encountered while trying to play the last several files. Please make sure the path in your media library points to the right location."

Drew

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2006, 02:01:17 pm »

Action Window -> Tag -> Playlists

The action window doesn't resize currectly after entering this view. It reduces its size correct when expandig the Organization Tree but it raises just to that point the Tag view had before.

So if the Tag windows is very small (less chosen tags to show) the Playlists view stays small even if it needs (and the Organization Tree gives) more space.

Sorry, I'm quiet not sure how to handle it... is it better and am I wanted to post a thing (bug) in every new versions thread until it has been reworked / fixed or should I only post once and just be patient?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2006, 03:43:11 pm »

Action Window -> Tag -> Playlists

The action window doesn't resize currectly after entering this view. It reduces its size correct when expandig the Organization Tree but it raises just to that point the Tag view had before.

So if the Tag windows is very small (less chosen tags to show) the Playlists view stays small even if it needs (and the Organization Tree gives) more space.

Sorry, I'm quiet not sure how to handle it... is it better and am I wanted to post a thing (bug) in every new versions thread until it has been reworked / fixed or should I only post once and just be patient?

Reposting is good.

This one is by design, so that it's smooth seeming when going into the playlists list.  If other people also think this is a mistake, we can reconsider.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up