INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: advice -- MC forcing quicktime pop-up  (Read 1519 times)

interruptvector

advice -- MC forcing quicktime pop-up
« on: November 02, 2006, 08:24:13 pm »

Hi,

I've been having a problem with MC playing my m4a tracks.  I'm well aware of the quicktime limitations, so I've installed all the appropriate alternate codecs.  If I play m4a tracks through windows media center, everything works fine.  When I try opening them in MC, it always pops up a stupid quicktime popup with the quicktime logo saying that the quicktime version cannot be detected, and that 6.0 or later is required to play these files..

Why is MC even trying to use quicktime?  I clearly have the filters installed and working properly as windows can play them fine.  I also verified this with graphedit to ensure it is rendered and plays properly.

Any help or advice?  Using quicktime is not an option since this is in a media server configuration where the paths are very long.

I've done this before on another PC and didn't run in to this problem.  So I'm not sure what is happening.. Any others with a similar experience?

thanks

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: advice -- MC forcing quicktime pop-up
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 08:50:58 am »

Why is MC even trying to use quicktime?  I clearly have the filters installed and working properly as windows can play them fine.  I also verified this with graphedit to ensure it is rendered and plays properly.

MC tries to use QT because it could not build a DirectShow graph to play m4a files. When you tried in GraphEdit, what filters were loaded?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

interruptvector

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 09:21:12 pm »

The 3ivx filters I installed were loaded when I render an m4a in graphedit..  It plays perfectly fine in graphedit and windows player.  Are these not building a directshow graph?  Why would MC11 build the graph any differently?

I'm trying something else as well and I'll report back if that works...

Thanks

interruptvector

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 10:56:29 pm »

could this potentially be a windows 2000 issue?  I've tried 2 machines with win2000 and get the same results.. tried the same thing on a winxp machine and everything works fine...

interruptvector

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 03:14:21 pm »

I tried using the latest build of the MC12 beta -- this resolved all my issues.. It seems with MC12 you can force directshow use for various file types -- so all of my previous quicktime issues disappear since it now uses the filters i've installed and no longer uses quicktime..

So -- any idea when MC12 is coming out of beta?
Pages: [1]   Go Up