INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OT: Moving subtitle files with the videos  (Read 779 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
OT: Moving subtitle files with the videos
« on: November 03, 2006, 11:00:14 pm »

I've been organising and moving some of my avi files around using "rename files from properties" in MC. I need to use this tool because I am moving files in batches based on different tag criteria.

The main problem I'm having is that subtitle files get left behind. Does anyone have a solution or system for doing this?

I was thinking that maybe, if MC could import the subtitle files into the library, then we could make their media type "Video" and then apply the same tag info to them as the videos, and include them in a "Rename files..." But it would clutter the list a bit.

I also searched the web a bit to see if it were possible to store all the subtitle files in one place and have the subtitle plugin reference that place when playing movies. But I couldnt find any info.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: OT: Moving subtitle files with the videos
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 09:28:28 am »

I have imported and tagged my subtitle files and also some other related files.

I use a standard video view for playing the videos and an "all media" view for maintining all files simultaneously.

EDIT

I have explained how I import and tag subtitles in this post: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36072.msg246236#msg246236
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
Re: OT: Moving subtitle files with the videos
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 11:50:56 am »

I have just downloaded and played with the CCCP (Combined Community Codec Pack), and found in the "VSFilter config" options for telling it which directories to search for subtitle files. I have also copied all of my subtitle files to one directory and made sure that MC has imported them, and i can see them in the documents viewscheme.

I'll play with some videos and see how goes. Looking positive though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up