INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wishlist for enhancements  (Read 1100 times)

Marquis

• Junior Woodchuck
Wishlist for enhancements
« on: November 04, 2006, 11:18:05 am »

Dear all,

after updating from MC11 to MC12 I am very impressed and de-installed MC11 completely, because MC12 runs still quite stable.

Anyway I have a few wishes for MC11/12 that are not implemented yet. Maybe other users agree to this, too?

1. When doing the auto-import the status-window at the end should not appear, because you have to close it. I think this is disturbing, when suddenly a window pops up. Maybe you can put a checkbox in the options to suppress it.

2. Is it possible that the thumbails are also build in background when selecting "updating thumbnails now" from options?

3. Is it possible to just shedule thumbnail building, without importing files? The reason is that I share my library via xcopy so I don't have to import new files on other machines, but thumbnails must be created on every machine seperately.

4. for the sheduler: instead of having fixed times, also "at start-up" and/or "at shut-down" and things to plan should include thumbnail-building and auto-import.

I am sure there are several other features on the list to implement and mine are not the most important. But sometimes wishes will become reality and so I am hoping :-)))

cu
  Marquis

rebootjac

• Recent member
Re: Wishlist for enhancements
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 02:30:20 am »

After writing a fairly long reply to a mc11 thread just now I have some suggestions for mc12:

1. Add a function or option to the replacement text utility to automatically strip out spaces and other non-alpha/numeric characters and add ";'s" between each extracted whole word. This would make forming keywords from input text so much easier. E.g. If you replaced text "c:\insert\ridiculous\long\path\here" it would output "c;insert;ridulous;long;path;here" THAT WOULD ROCK.

2. Even better, add a new string transform to the calculated fields syntax to allow a user to generate the same type of effect as item 1. E.g. FormatKeywords([Filepath]&[Filename]) would populate a calculated field with all generated separated tags from both the filepath and filename fields input text. 

3. Add a tag cloud view much like http://www.flickr.com or http://del.icio.us does so that any field-type that uses multiple values in MC could be visually represented, linked, and compared as to how many files there are. E.g. if you have tons of techno mp3s and some rock mp3s, the keywords tag cloud would show the keyword "techno" text bigger than "rock." Further, when you click on a tag in the cloud.. it would then automatically add "+'s" next to each subsequent relevant tag so you can easily refine your search to get specifically what you want. E.g. if you click on "rock"... it would then display a cloud with keywords "+ heavy", "+ soft", "+ lyrics", etc. so you can tell MC to search "rock" and some other related tag. Not sure if this view could be added to theatre view but I know THIS WOULD ALSO ROCK!

4. Old one, but I still wish MC could import and use Winamp Input plugins so that it could play exotic file formats such as tracker formats.  Then, I could finally say proudly that I use one player to play all of my music. It's just a pain to use two or more different players and switch between them. However, I also realize that this request opens up a whole new can of worms for the developers to deal with. MC's tagging abilities are too darn useful and versatile not to keep asking. Oh well.

jkrzok

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Wishlist for enhancements
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 11:26:22 pm »

I like the window that pops up at the end of an import, if just to tell me it's done. Perhaps there could be an option to auto-close that window?

I would like to see MC give some sort of unobtrusive notification that it is downloading podcasts. Or perhaps MC could find a gentle way to say "You have podcasts" that won't get in the way. I also like to see MC pop up a warning window when I close MC while it is downloading any podcasts, giving me the option to not close or perhaps close when done.

I would love (really really love) to save customized layouts of CD covers in CD Labeler. I can get MC to make labels exactly how I like them but I find myself always re-doing where the text boxes go and what goes in each and how I like to see the art displayed. If I could create a theme or two and save them I'd be happier than a pig in slop.

Could we lose the quotes in the track list of cd covers? Please? Strunk and White would approve. I promise.
Pages: [1]   Go Up