INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: transferring files to ipod over network  (Read 916 times)

nickharambee

• Galactic Citizen
  • doh!
transferring files to ipod over network
« on: November 06, 2006, 03:32:26 pm »

hi

i am running MC 12.0.106 in parallels on a macbook pro laptop.  i can succesfully transfer music files to my ipod (video) when i connect directly to windows/parallels, but as parallels currently only supports USB 1.1, i am exploring alternative (i.e. quicker) methods of transferring 15,000 songs!  i can connect the ipod to os x on the macbook and then share it with windows/parallels, and then map this share as a network drive in windows/parallels.  i can then 'add device' under handheld options in MC, and browse to the network drive.  i can transfer files to the ipod, but they get put in artist/album folders, and aren't recognised as music files on the ipod or in itunes under mac os x.  when i do transfer files succesfully using the direct usb connection method, the songs are recognised, but there are no music folders showing when i open the ipod volume in mac os x.  so, clearly the two methods are transferring/storing the music files in different ways.  is it possible to get this set up right so that i can connect and transfer to the ipod over the network, or will it only work right with a direct connection to windows/parallels?

thanks

nick
Pages: [1]   Go Up