INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Podcast Problems  (Read 887 times)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Podcast Problems
« on: November 07, 2006, 01:36:16 pm »

I've been having trouble with the "Podcasts" item in my tree for some time, and it's finally gotten quite annoying so I'm going to post a listing here.

1.  Crashes and locks, oh my.  Quite often when I click on Podcasts in the tree, MC freezes for extended periods of time (and occasionally crashes on me).  I'm suspicious that this has to do with issue #3 and thumbnailing in general, but it's quite annoying.

2.  No way to disable Auto-Download of Podcasts and have it stick.  This should be accessible from Tools --> Options --> Podcasts.  Currently, the only way to do this is temporary from within the Podcasts --> Downloaded Podcasts item in the tree, and it doesn't "stick".  When you re-start MC it turns back on.  I want one of my machines to do the downloading, and the others to just browse the podcasts.

3. For some weird reason, a bunch of my RAW files (CRW and CR2) keep showing up in the Downloaded Podcasts list.  I can't see anything in their tags that would cause this, though the tags for these files are strange (they auto-filled with a bunch of the EXIF data for the pictures).  This means that when I select this tree item, MC generally freezes and stutters for long periods of time while DCRAW.exe builds thumbnails.  Performance is utterly terrible.  On my Pentium D 3.2 GHz box, I often see periods where MC12 is frozen for more than 3-4 minutes at a stretch (after which it quickly completes any commands I gave it and then freezes again).

"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: Podcast Problems
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 02:10:12 pm »

3. For some weird reason, a bunch of my RAW files (CRW and CR2) keep showing up in the Downloaded Podcasts list.

I just tried removing all of the offending raw files and then re-importing them, and they went right back into the Podcast tree area.  What's the story there!!!
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

pank2002

Re: Podcast Problems
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 04:40:51 pm »

As pointed out earlier the podcast render of MC is not very good at handling badly written xml files; especially the date field seems to give MC troubles. MC will for example not identify ‘Okt’ as October. Firefox and only RSS readers, such as Netvibes, handle feeds much better. In a perfect world webmasters would validate their feeds, but as you know Mr. Bush is president. . .

As Glynor points out MC often crash when accessing the podcast area.

It would be nice if the podcasts could be put in some kind of folders of similar when viewing them in the three. The different podcasts takes up all the space in the tree, when expanded.

Cheers,
Rasmus
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk
Pages: [1]   Go Up