INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album rating  (Read 2145 times)

Raphoune

• Junior Woodchuck
Album rating
« on: November 08, 2006, 08:21:28 am »

In the album view, in detailed mode, the rating columns displays stars corresponding to the average rating of the album's songs. It seems that the average value is truncated to get the stars rating (3.9 -> 3 stars). Could you please round (hope it is the right word) the average value to the closest integer instead ?

I'm probably asking too much, but could the album rating precision be improved by using half stars or something like that ? (only for non-integer value display, and only for albums...)

Thanks.

Raph.

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Album rating
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 09:10:59 am »

In an earlier version, 11.0 (was it), they used to round up to the nearest decimal, instead of integer, in the library browser.

I used to use 2 digits after the decimal at the time but changed to just 1, which was ideal.

The half-ratings stars has been a request for some time now.

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 04:09:41 am »

What's this album rating? I cant seem to find it anywhere in the album view...?

Is it a runtime calculated field expression?
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

Raphoune

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 04:56:17 am »

What's this album rating? I cant seem to find it anywhere in the album view...?
Did you select detailed mode instead of thumbnails ? Did you select the Rating column ?

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 06:02:28 am »

I selected the Artis/Album view scheme, and set it with panes and details. Won't the details always contain concret songs? How could this show the average album rate? Shouldn't there be another pane, with the ratings?
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 10:55:21 am »

Pick "Artists" or "Albums" instead of Panes.  It displays the groupings and uses averages for many fields like rating.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2006, 12:39:33 am »

Ahh. Didn't notice it was the "Rating" filed that was calculated. Was looking for an "Album rating" field...

Thansk, both of ya :)

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 11:31:59 am »

Is there any chance we can get an extension to the calculation of averages such that we can choose the averaging method, eg mean, median, mode, etc - that would be very cool.

Cheers,

Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up