INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Locate" functionality  (Read 1323 times)

Deivit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I find your interest interesting...
"Locate" functionality
« on: November 09, 2006, 01:16:52 pm »

The right-click "locate" functionality searches automatically in the Audio root view scheme. However, performing the function on a video file does not search in the Video root view scheme, as one would expect, but does it in the Audio one too, and therefore the results are inconsistent. I'm not using MC for images but I suspect that the performance for images is similar.

Could this be changed? I mean, could the "locate" functionality be "media" inteligent and perform the search according to the media type instead of always using the "Audio" root?

Furthermore, would it be very difficult to implement a user-definable view scheme to perform the "locate" thing? I have an "All Media" main view scheme that I would like to use in this connection.

Thank you.

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: "Locate" functionality
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 02:16:25 pm »

could you be more specific about what you're doing?

When I use right-click > locate, it jumps to the absolute root of whichever branch I'm in.

So, For the default, Audio, Image and Video schemes, it jumps to their respective roots.

For my "all media" scheme, regardless of where I am, be it "workshop\Images\import", "workshop\Video\import" or "workshop\Audio\import"; right click locate always jumps to "workshop".

I take it this is not what you're seeing?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 02:24:10 pm »

Changed next build.

This only applies when you're not in a library view and pick "Locate." (in a library view, it does what Marko described)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 02:34:49 pm »

Marko:
Almost 100% of the time that I perform a "locate" thing I'm in Playing Now: I'm playing a song or a video clip and want to quickly know something else about that album, performer, song... realize that there's a typo in the album name and want to correct it for the whole album, etc. This is why I thought that the behaviour was the same in the whole program, which it seems is not.

Matt:
Thanks for your quick action  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up