INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sbsp2: Sync to USB Drive Issue  (Read 987 times)

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
sbsp2: Sync to USB Drive Issue
« on: November 10, 2006, 07:33:13 am »

I defined a USB drive's folder (d:\aaa\bbb) as a Handheld device.  I selected the Recently Imported playlist to sync and set "[Artist] - [Album] ([Date (year)])\" as the Audio directory.

On sync, MC12 always says every file needs to be synced (even after syncing) and the Detail view never shows any files when selected.

This exact same setup (configuration) works fine in MC11.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: sbsp2: Sync to USB Drive Issue
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 02:35:06 pm »

I can't reproduce this.

Does it matter if you're converting file types (APE -> MP3, etc.) or if you use a simple playlist you make by hand?

Thanks for any clues.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 11:16:36 am »

I did a few tests.

If I define a local HD's folder as a handheld, it syncs correctly and shows details.

If I define a USB-connected HD's folder as a handheld, it just does not work no matter if the playlist(s) are manual or auto and details never shows.  So, it looks like only a USB connected HD gives MC12 fits.  Again, it does work with MC11 no problem and has for a long, long time.

I do NOT have any converstion set (is none) and no handheld cache (is none).  I hope this information help.  Is there some debug log or something I can send you?

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 12:09:22 pm »

Ok, I did this (below) and it seems to work!!!

I deleted the old handheld definition and redefined it with a different logical device name (but same folder). I think the old name had a \ in it incase that matters (new name does not, just 'USB Hard Drive' name now).

Anyways it does work and I'm happy now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up