INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just Upgraded and now I get "buffering"  (Read 1905 times)

Snickering87

• Recent member
Just Upgraded and now I get "buffering"
« on: November 12, 2006, 06:05:32 pm »

The title says it all.  I get buffering and it just sits, there probably forever.  I must admit I am not sure which version I upgraded from.  My version currently say 11.1.2  It just told me it was time to update and I told it to update.  I really need to fix the "buffering" issue.  If I need to reinstall tell me how I can be sure and maintain all playlists and groups???  Any one have the "buffering" issue???  If so how did you fix it???

Thanks
Bill

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Just Upgraded and now I get "buffering"
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 06:30:45 pm »

No idea what is happening.  Try an uninstall and reinstall of a build from the download page here:

www.jrmediacenter.com

Snickering87

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 08:03:29 pm »

If I need to reinstall tell me how I can be sure and maintain all playlists and groups??? 

Do you mind telling me how to make sure I don't lose anything.  I also have the ability to remote into the computer from www.logmein.com.  Can I do this action from a remote environment??

Thanks for getting back with me so quickly

Bill

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 11:48:15 pm »

It should automatically.  When you uninstall, it will ask you if you want to remove the library files and the settings.  There will be two checkboxes so that you can choose one, the other, neither, or both.

Be sure to keep your library.  The library is the database of all your media, but not the media files themselves.  This includes all the playlists, view schemes, and groups in the tree, as well as the "entries" for the individual media files.

In your case, I would have it clear your settings.  This includes your toolbar buttons and preferences, however, since you are having a very odd issue, I'd let it put these back to default.

So, to review...

Keep the Library files.  Lose the settings.

Then reinstall.  Make sure to get the most recent build.  This is 11.1.201 (which Jim linked to above).  You can always find the download for the newest build by coming here (to the Interact forums) and opening the Media Center 11 board.  The newest build will be posted in a "sticky thread" near the top of the first page of the board.  In this case you want the build that's listed as "This latest build (usually safe) of MC11.1 is here".  Build 201 is fine, you can go ahead and use it.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Endymion

• Recent member
  • I am who I have always been
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 03:09:53 pm »

I see the same thing.  It only occurs when I try to play m4a files.  When I try to play APE files it works fine.  I tried reinstalling after uninstalling and leaving only the library with no change to the result.

Itunes version 6.0.5.20   Quicktime 7.1

Media Center Registered 11.1.201 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3059 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 293 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.11 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive H:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive J:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: HP       DVD Writer 200j    Addr: 4:1:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:12  BurnProof:No
  Drive H:          CD-R/RW RW7060S    Addr: 5:3:0  Speed:6  MaxSpeed:6  BurnProof:No
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Endymion

• Recent member
  • I am who I have always been
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 04:25:54 pm »

Update:  upgraded to latest version of ITunes with no luck.
Pages: [1]   Go Up