INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.111  (Read 3961 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.111
« on: November 10, 2006, 04:30:12 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

If you're new to MC, please use MC11.1 from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120111.exe

12.0.111 (11/10/06)

1. Changed: Display uses a black background color when in display view, theater view, or detached mode. (still uses skin color when in Standard or Mini View)
2. Changed: When scheduling a task, the start time is disabled when the "Now" checkbox is marked.
3. Changed: Tree keyboard navigation up / down caps at the ends. (instead of selecting none when pressing up at the top)
4. Fixed: Image and Video web media views wouldn't properly keep their tree selection.
5. Changed: Revised how up, down, left, and right navigate the tree to be more logical. (use space bar to toggle expansion)
6. Changed: Theater View list menus stretch across the entire item again. (instead of stopping in some cases)
7. Changed: Theater View webpage views don't show "Display View" and "Play All" buttons.
8. Changed: Opening the Burn or Handheld action window no longer sometimes jumps to "Audio". (was done to make "Drop files here" obvious, but jump logic was too elaborate to be helpful)
9. Fixed: Missing CDA files queued for burning to an audio CD wouldn't be properly handled. (burning would start and fail in the middle)
10. Changed: After cancelling a burn, the sequence and disc number columns wouldn't disappear from the CD view.
11. Changed: Library Server adds a custom HTTP server.
12. Fixed: The CD Labeler could crash when dealing with an album name that had an invalid file system character in it.
13. Fixed: Album list no longer sorts in the gallery upload.

12.0.110 (11/9/06)

1. Changed: When ejecting a CD during YADB data entry, another CD information entry boxes could appear at the same time.
2. Changed: When viewing a CD, the UI won't stop painting if the YADB lookup / submit dialog boxes are shown.
3. Changed: Revised how shortcut creation is handled during an upgrade install when choosing "Custom". (so that if you check a box to create a shortcut, it always will)
4. Fixed: Folder watching didn't nicely handle when a folder would fail to watch. (because it was missing, etc.)
5. Changed: Added logging to Auto-Import folder watching to assist with finding problems.
6. Fixed: Some PocketPC's did not reliably show up when connecting while Media Center was running.
7. Optimized: Further improvements to program load speed.
8. NEW: Added ability to add a "Zones" button to the toolbar.
9. Changed: The "Locate" right-click command better handles all media types.
10. Fixed: The "Automatic based on current playlist" Replay Gain adjustment would incorrectly jump to "0" when unananlzyed files were in the playlist.
11. NEW: Max height and max width settings for menalto gallery upload.
12. NEW: Mildly friendlier album picklist for menalto gallery upload.
13. NEW: Mildly more ui feedback from gallery upload.
14. Changed: Unimported files now use the track replay gain for the album gain. (instead of having a blank album gain)
15. Changed: Revised URL-shortening system for online video playback. (please try playing Google Video videos in the player from Video > Google Video in the tree)
16. NEW: WMA streams can be scheduled for recording.
17. NEW: Added convert to Jpeg option for gallery upload.

12.0.109 (11.8.06)

1. Fixed: The UPnP Server was not broadcasting on multiple interfaces.
2. NEW: "Start Now" checkbox added to Schedule Task dialog box.
3. Fixed: One minute duration scheduled events will always record at least a full minute (if "Start Now" checkbox is checked).
4. Optimized: Faster program startup in most cases.
5. Fixed: Clicking on "Podcasts" in the first few seconds the program was running could cause a crash. (introduced in 108)
6. Changed: Drag-n-drop uses the word "Analyzing" instead of "Importing" to avoid confusion.
7. Optimized: Improved string engine loading time, resulting in faster program startup.
8. Fixed: Purchase / upgrade images could appear slightly blurry.
9. Optimized: When double-clicking an image in Explorer, fullscreen playback will start much faster.
10. New: Additional status messages for gallery upload.
11. New: Picklist option for finding gallery albums.
12. Fixed: The DSM-520 UPnP Device now works.
13. Fixed: Setting the Media Center shortcut to "Minimized" would cause the program to not be able to be restored.
14. Changed: DCRaw's priority set to Idle priority when thumbnailing.
15. Changed: The "Album Gain" for a file with no album is now the same as the track gain for that file. (so it's treated like an album of one)

12.0.108 (11/07/06)

1. Fixed: Filenames with .'s in them would bozo the handheld cache.
2. Fixed: Handheld cache prune no longer prunes with extreme prejudice.
3. Optimized: Faster load times due to internal architecture updates.
4. Optimized: More components dynamic or delay load, improving startup performance.

12.0.107 (11/06/06)

1. Fixed: Video bookmarks wouldn't load properly.
2. Changed: Detached view responds to Escape to exit maximized and to reattach.
3. Changed: Revised detached display right-click menu to be more clear.
4. Fixed: Incomplete URL option logic was backwards.
5. Changed: Added recognition of second generation iPod Shuffles.
6. Changed: Removed drop arrow from pane headers.
7. Fixed: Theater View "Jump on Play" was jumping to standard view instead of display view.
8. Fixed: In certain cases, Mini View could get stuck transparent until switching away and back to the program.
9. Changed: With "Play visible files" selected as the play button mode, the current playlist will be played if there are no visible files. (minimized, display view, Start view, etc.)
10. Fixed: Scheduled MP3 streams with "~~~stream~~~.mp3" didn't record.
11. Fixed: Scheduled record streams is now placed in Output File Location instead of Music Directory.
12. Fixed: TiVO Server would crash on browsing.
13. Changed: more debugging for multiple network interface machines in UPnP Server.
14. New: Upload to Menalto Gallery added to the Send to menu.  (Caption is an expression.  Defaults to [Caption].  Test feature.  May not remain.)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

bennyd

• Project Leader
Re: Media Center 12.0.111
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 04:46:35 am »

When using Theater View in another language than English the following happens:
- Rotating images for "Playing Now", "Playlists", etc. don't appear, only for English
- When going to "current playlist", it shows like a normal list instead of the playing now view with the visualisation at the bottom, when switching to English, all is ok again
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

gappie

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 09:22:00 am »

when i right click on an image in playing now or detached display and i click on advanged image commands > rotate left, everything goes as it should. when going to player etc it works also. but when i try to do it with the rotate left button in my customized toolbar it does rotate the image, but it does not update the display/playing now.

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 09:29:54 am »

Page Up in Theater View is a bit messed up:
Note the first and second items in a Theater View list (in text mode, not thumbnails)
1) Page Down once
2) Page Up once
You're exactly where you started from, as expected.

1) Page Down twice
2) Page Up once
Item #2 is now at the top of the list, it skipped a whole page of items...
3) Page up a second time
You're exactly where you started from, as expected.

-John

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 09:36:50 am »

--------
Command line stuff
mc12.exe "/playreplace TREEPATH=Playlists\viewscheme groups\Logitech\preset1"
The string above works fine if MC is running. If MC is closed, the string launches MC, but does nothing else.
Previous builds would launch and begin playback.
--------
Search input fields
ctrl + a is not working in any of the search\pick files to show boxes.
--------
3D Visualizations
"picture show" 3D vizualisation is not rotating images correctly. They're all being shown 'landscape' style.
--------
aquire from scanner
Using Image > get from scanner launches the scanners' TWAIN software (Epson Scan in my case) if I cancel that scanning job and return to MC, the tag window has broken in the following way:

There is now no right click menu available from the image display. Close the image display. It won't open again.
The tag window allows a field to go into 'edit' mode when it's clicked on, but the enter, escape and tab keys do not work.
Close the tag window, and I find I cannot open it again.
If I then play some images, MC jumps to display view, and there's no mouse, no interface, and no right click menu. Ctrl + 1 got me back to standard view.
Restarting MC is the only way I've found to restore normality.
--------
from build 108 (not re-tested)
looks you broke continuous cd ripping.
when inserting the next cd (using two drives here, so, MC is ripping one while the next is inserted) MC does its 'hunter gatherer' thing, then shows the files in the drives and devices list.

In the 'rip' column, they are all ticked, the status column shows them as "on disc" and in the action window, the "ripping xx of xx" does not update. When the current cd finishes ripping, MC goes into standby waiting for me to tell it what to do next.

I rolled back to build 107 and it's all working as it should do again.
--------
auto-size columns
auto size columns with allow auto size to cut off long values active is too agressive.
This can be seen best in the track # field, where it's not allowing double figures to be displayed.
Also, I've got 1680 pixels of width to play with, but MC still cuts the columns to the bone leaving plenty of empty space to the right of the list pane. It would be nice if MC could make efficient use of all the available real estate.
--------
expression editor
I knocked up an expression using six nested if() statements. Each statement starts a new line, the second last line is what to output if all else fails (Downloaded), and the last line contains the six closing brackets. The pane looks like so:

moving the closing brackets up onto the preceding line fixes the little squares.
--------
burning\reading\working with data DVDs
Further tests using build 106 Discussed here
--------
data burning - set volume name
The volume name field allows more than the maximum allowed characters to be typed in. At burn time, the excess is discarded.
--------
slideshow playback from library browser
from [album] tiles, during audio playback, select an album tile and then click on the "play" link. The slideshow always begins with the last file in the list.
--------
Display View:
When using two split views, launch display view (by double clicking an image?). When returning to standard view, focus has switched to the other view in the split. (Discuss?)
--------
'Tag' Action Window
(Panes view, Tagging mode: On) Select an image, open the [people] tag in the AW and tick a person. Keep the file selection and leave the AW as it is, and now tick a different tag in a pane. Notice the previously tagged people in the AW gets cleared.
--------
Camera (aquire)
.avi files are not being aquired from the camera. (Discuss?)
MC is not able to determine how many files it's aquiring, merely stating "image 1 of ??". Elements and, IIRC, windows, are both able to present this information.
--------
Wishes
  • Please can we have access to saved sorting presets from "customise current view" in the drop-down 'sort' menu in the view headers
  • hopefully, these tag window tweaks are still on the list.
  • An "Apply" button for the 'Edit/Add View Scheme' dialogue. (Discuss?)
  • Expressions in the 'base path' field of the rename from props tool. (Discuss?)
  • .tif file tag reading at a minimum, writing would be nice too if possible (Discuss?)
  • the ability to set a library field to be used as a caption for images and/or thumbnails when using the 'send to > web/ftp > create html' tool
  • I would like to be able to use a date expression in the aquire images general "path" option, and for the scanner, I'd like to be able to setup some incremental file naming rule
  • when playing both audio and images, the dislay's context menu has "send to... (currently playing track)" would love to see "send to... (currently displayed image)" on there too.
  • Navigational favourites could use a little spit and polish. (Discuss?)
--------

Craig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2006, 01:45:17 pm »

I've been seeing this for a few versions, but not sure when it started.
I have a folder set up as a Handheld device which contains an mp3 version of my flac library and is set up to autosync.
Recently my mp3's have been getting an incremental number added to their filename after conversion

so

1-01 Babylon Sisters.flac
1-02 Hey Nineteen.flac
1-03 Glamour Profession.flac

become

1-01 Babylon Sisters6506534.mp3
1-02 Hey Nineteen6506535.mp3
1-03 Glamour Profession6506536.mp3

Craig

MC2Slim - Windows Shell and JRiver Media Center Integration for Squeezebox.

http://www.duff-zapp.co.uk

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2006, 03:09:53 pm »

The Recently Played toolbar button is broken.

JONCAT

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2006, 08:39:59 pm »

Trying to access MC with Library Server over WAN results in playback for some audio files then LS seems to crash and results in "error in playback/check file location" error.

~ Host & client both running .111

~ Tried with Library conversion on and off.

Image files display black screen only.

Don't understand this failure, especially after entire library loads through librarys server.

EDIT - It seems that a few albums load up cover art & these are the only ones which will play. MC stops building thumbs and Network shows no activity. Playback of these few files works great with decoding Ogg at Normal, but MC fails to play back or "build" any more of the library after the inital Library Server connection. BTW - when conversion is configured on the client does this mean the host is told to convert before uploading?

v/r
DC

North Tampa client:

Media Center 12.0.111 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3184 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1046 MB, Free - 638 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: LITE-ON  CD-RW SOHR-5239S   Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 09:54:12 am »

Yesterday i created a new library cloned from a previous one. I think that it is still building thumbails. Not sure if that is related or not, but MC keeps freezing. The right click menu on the MC icon down in the task bar works to play and stop playing now, and minimize/maximize the program, but clicking anywhere on the interface does nothing. Cant make selections, dont see any hover over effects, music stops playing after the current playing track finished.
As far as codecs are concerned; I have the combined community codec pack installed.
Re: Plugins; I am using the lastfm plaugin.

Seems MC is busy doing something or other.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2006, 10:44:32 am »

The Recently Played toolbar button is broken.

It's likely you erased the playlist.

Next build:
Changed: Right-click option on Playlists in the tree "Create Stock Smartlists" will also (re)create Top Hits and Recently Played if they were deleted.

Shelly

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2006, 10:54:14 am »

It's likely you erased the playlist.

Not so, Matt. In the tree I have "Recent Playing Now's Smartlists" under which is "Recently Played" and it works.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2006, 11:09:45 am »

Not so, Matt. In the tree I have "Recent Playing Now's Smartlists" under which is "Recently Played" and it works.

Move it back to the root of "Playlists" and the toolbar button will work again.

Shelly

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2006, 11:35:27 am »

Move it back to the root of "Playlists" and the toolbar button will work again.

Right you are! Thanks, Matt.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2006, 12:33:25 pm »

Right you are! Thanks, Matt.

Next build will support moving of stock playlists.

Marty3d

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2006, 12:38:31 pm »

When the tree is expanded so you get a scrollbar, it's not possible to grab the scrollbar when a tooltip is in the way...

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2006, 03:45:29 pm »

Installed 12.0.111 over 12.0.106 and it (the install) cleared the Recent Playing Now list, but still showed the last playing now before the upgrade. It works as it should once you start multiple Playing Now list. FWIW.
Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up