INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Conversion Solution  (Read 1187 times)

danvm

• Junior Woodchuck
Video Conversion Solution
« on: November 14, 2006, 10:15:08 am »

Has anyone found a convenient (preferrably automatic) way of converting podcast video to formats playable on the PocketPC, Windows Media Center (XBOX 360), etc.?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Video Conversion Solution
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 10:33:02 am »

I don't know what formats the Xbox 360 supports, or what your PocketPC supports, but:

AutoGK does simple conversion to XviD/DivX AVI files.
AutoMKV does simple conversion to XviD/x264 AVI, MKV, and MP4 files.
MeGUI is a bit more complex, but is more flexible and handles the same as the above systems and some others.

I use all three a lot.  AutoMKV is particularly nice, and supports sending a file to it as a command line option so it's easy to use from within MC as a Send to --> External application.  Whether or not you can convert the files depends on the original format...

If the only format your devices support is the craptastic Windows Media WMV files, then I'm not really the one to help, but I'd look around on Doom9.org's forums.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

danvm

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Video Conversion Solution
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 10:18:58 am »

The best video converter I've found to date is Movavi VideoSuite (http://www.movavi.com/).  Extremely simple to use and it works well.

Still, I can't just have it automatically perform conversions as files are added to a directory.  The company has responded to an inquirey of mine about the matter and they claim they will be adding such a feature in a future release.
Pages: [1]   Go Up