INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help: Media Center 11.1.200 Crashes System  (Read 1089 times)

audiopyles

Help: Media Center 11.1.200 Crashes System
« on: November 16, 2006, 10:05:53 pm »

Before I decide if I want to purchase this downloaded copy of Media Center 11.1.200 (Trial) I need to know about this issue I have with Media Center 11.1.200, as my search through this forum has taken me to many many issues I could not find one that pertains to "why my entire system crashes when ever I try to use a 'visual plugin'", it's one thing to have Mariah Careys image stuck in the cover art (which irks my wife), but when I try to go around that and run a visual plugin, I get kicked off of everything, all the way back to my bios screen (well I need only f1 myself to get in there then) and when I can log back into windows I get the error message that "Media Center was not shut down properly." and that it was resetting it's self to default settings.

My intial thought was maybe it was my video card:
ATI Radeon 9200 SE 128mb
but the drivers for this are current

I'm currently sitting on an:

IBM NetVista 6841
P3-866MHz
384MB PC133
AGP ATI Radeon 9200SE 128MB
Soundblaster Audigy 2ZS 7.1

I recently re-formatted my system so there are only the bare essentials installed here thus far:

Windows XP Professional SP2
Office 2003
Windows Defender
SpyBot Search & Destroy
Avast Anti-virus Home Edition
Adobe Acrobat
WinZip 11

so you see there is not alot of stuff here I can think of that might help cause my problems, total crash occurs only when I try to run a visual plug-in...has anyone else had this problem, if so can you update me on how to correct this problem.
thanx in advance!

modelmaker

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Help: Media Center 11.1.200 Crashes System
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 01:20:37 pm »

Please go to Help>system info and post it back here.
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up