INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Update library from tags misses records  (Read 1250 times)

iajim

• Recent member
Update library from tags misses records
« on: November 19, 2006, 09:39:05 pm »

Running MC 11.1.2
I had to recreate library as hard drive crashed. But I had all my .APE files on a seperate hard drive.
If I look at the files in Windows Explorer there are 818 files in multiple sub folders. If I double click them there they play correctly in MC.
When I look at that drive in MC "AUDIO" the tags for all the files on the external HD look to be present and correct; but some of them play a different wrong file if clicked in MC. Others play the correct file.
I ran update library from tags and the process said there were about 120 out of 420 that had errors. When completed some of the files on the list viewed in "Audio" have a "music  note" symbol at the start of the line (those that do play correctly). Other files show a page symbol with a small red "x" in the corner (those play incorrectly). The error symboled files appear to be in random groups in MC.
What's happening?
I would really like to reattach all these complex tags to the correct files.

iajim

• Recent member
Re: Update library from tags misses records
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 12:03:12 pm »

Doesn't anyone have a guess as to what is causing this & how to fix it?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 03:34:27 am »

The "red X" symbol means that the library cannot find the file from the the location that is defined in the Filename field. I don't think MC is playing a wrong file instead. Probably you are experiencing MC skipping to the next file in the playlist.

Your explanation does not provide enough detailed info.

Please fully explain a couple of these offending files. For example:
- what exact tags and filenames you have inside MC
- what MC shows if you copy these files to another folder and import
- what does Action Window > File Properties > File Type Info tell about the file tags
etc ...
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

iajim

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 02:26:12 pm »

Your post got me looking; Sure enough the wrong things playing were the next non error marked file.
I then re imported the whole folder with about 1000 files & 150 folders and MC re attached all my custom tags to the proper files. Many,many hours of custom tagging were saved.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up