INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.117  (Read 4705 times)

DarkPenguin

• Citizen of the Universe
Media Center 12.0.117
« on: November 20, 2006, 05:14:11 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

If you're new to MC, please use MC11.1 from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120117.exe

12.0.117 (11/20/06)

1. NEW: Added "Move Next To Play" to file commands in Theater View Playing Now list.
2. NEW: Theater View list-style shows small icons next to the text.
3. Fixed: Gridlines were not appearing in lists.
4. NEW: Dropping files onto "Playlists" or any playlist group will create a new playlist with those files.
5. NEW: Right-click "Playing Now" in the tree has "Edit Playing Now..." for drag-n-drop editing in the Action Window.
6. NEW: Streamlined the Action Window "Build Playlist" so only a single-click (or drag-n-drop) is required to make a playlist.
7. Fixed: Scrollbars wouldn't redraw properly when releasing them when the mouse wasn't over the scrollbar.
8. Changed: "Playlists" view header has a "Add Playlist Group" button.
9. Fixed: When burning a data disc, the "disc name" field allowed an illegal length name to be typed in.
10. Optimized: Skin switching looks smoother and happens faster.
11. Changed: Playlist groups have a unique icon in the tree.
12. Fixed: Seeking from the start of a converted on-the-fly file with the UPnP Server (and DSM32 e.g.) didn't work.
13. Fixed: Some UPnP playback types could fail.
14. Fixed: Podcasts wouldn't properly understand some file types.
15. Fixed: Data disc folder naming option was broken.
16. Fixed: MP3 files not playing on some iPods.
17. Fixed: In very rare situations MC was analizing non-iPod devices as though they were iPods.
18. Fixed: When burning a data disc, the "disc name" field allowed an illegal length name to be typed in.
19. Fixed: With a multi-monitor system, maximizing app, showing fullscreen display on a different monitor, and then returning could switch the monitor the program was on.
20. Changed: Reworked how stacks of audio images are generated so that stack images are broken on album boundaries instead of image boundaries. (this fixes some library server stack issues)
21. Fixed: MP4 file types occasionally listed as 'not supported' for transfer to iPods.

12.0.116 (11/17/06)

1. Fixed: The TiVo Server was displaying "Unknown Request" error messages.
2. NEW: Many enhancements to how list, tree, options, menu, etc. selections can be drawn. (see Noire skin for an example)
3. Changed: Options tree expand/collapse caret now flips as the tree is expanded and collapsed.
4. NEW: When burning a data disc, new option for creating a UDF file system rather than ISO9660. Strictly for beta testing.
5. NEW: Added support for compilations on iPods.
6. Changed: Added support for gapless playback of mp3 files specifically containing gapless playback information.

12.0.115 (11/16/06)

1. Change: Default internal volume for DX video player is increased.
2. Fixed: Panes could draw strangely after resize in some cases.
3. Optimized: Improved view switching times.
4. Changed: When switching focus away from a list, the selection wouldn't properly redraw.
5. Fixed: Some system skinned list controls could flicker when they didn't have a horizontal scrollbar.
6. Change: DX video player and DVD player will not try setting internal volume when the user chooses system volume.
7. Fixed: MP3's not playing on iPods - temporarily removed gapless playback.
8. Fixed: Info box didn't display number of discs required when files in burn queue exceeded capacity for a one disc.
9. Changed: Switched escape keyboard shortcut back to MC 11 style for search box. (Shift+Escape to clear, Escape to stop editing)

12.0.114 (11/15/06)

1. Fixed: Audible files wouldn't load images.
2. Fixed: Menu transparency could be one-step behind when right-clicking a pane item.
3. Changed: Documents work better over Media Server. (requires a program / editor that supports http://)
4. Changed: Added .log to the list of text filetypes along with .txt and .rtf.
5. Changed: Reworked the "Burning" options page to look more like other options pages. (and have nicer filtering of audio / data options based on burn mode)
6. Fixed: MC better identifies Toshiba Gigabeat S and F models.
7. Fixed: Album art not showing up in Gigabeat S and similar devices.
8. Fixed: Skinning enabled on file browser control under vista.  (Associated crash fixed.)
9. NEW: Scheduled recording handles asx streams.
10. Fixed: Thumbnail generation for videos with relative path image files wouldn't always work.
11. Changed: The "image file" field is honored for data files just like for audio and video files.

12.0.113 (11/14/06)

1. NEW: Internal volume control is available for DX video player and DVD player (may not work for all sound cards, but should work for most).
2. Fixed: MC hang when stopping video player while FF/REWing.
3. Changed: Filter selection is allowed for Windows Media types (transform filters, i.e. decoders only - the source filter will always be WM Asf Reader).
4. Changed: Changing debug logging options doesn't require restart of Media Center.
5. Fixed: Some long or international filenames would not work properly over Library Server.
6. NEW: Revised how menu alpha works so text isn't alphed, background is blurred, and it won't cause issues with VNC, etc.
7. Changed: Reworked how MIME types are handled for Podcasting and sharing plugins. (hopefully transparent, but please report any issues)
8. Fixed: Empty thumbnail list in vista fixed.
9. Fixed: RAW Image cache files could be deleted in certain situations.

12.0.112 (11/13/06)

1. Fixed: Find albums in gallery uploader updates the list with "Title: %s  (Album: %s)"
2. Changed: Removed Media Jukebox 8 library upgrader. (it's best to reimport when coming from MJ 8)
3. Changed: Right-click option on Playlists in the tree "Create Stock Smartlists" will also (re)create Top Hits and Recently Played if they were deleted.
4. Fixed: Page Up / Page Down work more logically in Theater View.
5. Changed: Main navigation tree uses tree-style keyboard navigation. (instead of list-style navigation proposed in build 111)
6. Fixed: Mouse-wheeling over the volume slider with the mouse perfectly still and playback stopped would leave "Volume xx%" stuck in the player area.
7. Fixed: iPod database corruption introduced in build 12.0.111.
8. Changed: Stock smartlists (like Top Hits and Recently Played) work correctly after being renamed or moved. (pick Tree > Right-Click > Playlists > Create Stock Smartlists to recreate missing playlists)
9. Changed: When rotating an image that's playing using the right-click menu or toolbar button, the playback display now updated immediately.
10. Fixed: Command line TreePath=... didn't work properly when firing while MC wasn't running.
11. Fixed: IPTC 'Date Created' Tag gets properly imported (mapped to Date field).
12. Changed: Ctrl+Right Arrow / Ctrl+Left Arrow change playback rate (fast forward/rewind) in DX video player, just as in DVD and TV.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 12.0.117
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 05:23:54 pm »

9. Fixed: When burning a data disc, the "disc name" field allowed an illegal length name to be typed in.

18. Fixed: When burning a data disc, the "disc name" field allowed an illegal length name to be typed in.

Really got that one, eh?   ;D

Otherwise, a lot of good stuff in this build (I like the thumbs in Theater View, but its performance doesn't seem very good right now in a 1 minute test out -- I'll look more at this later).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 06:13:27 pm »

Yeah loads of goodies in this build by the looks.

Re this:

1. NEW: Added "Move Next To Play" to file commands in Theater View Playing Now list.

1. Thanks! Very cool.
2. The option is disabled for the currently playing item (which makes sense) but not for the next one to play. It probably should also be disabled.
3. Does it make sense to have "Add" on the Playing Now menu? It just plays right? Might be a bit confusing for some...
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 06:24:17 pm »

Thanks. ;D

I verified the fix.  It also fixes the problem with fast forward/reposition.

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 06:59:45 pm »

8. Fixed: Info box didn't display number of discs required when files in burn queue exceeded capacity for a one disc.

A couple of builds behind here I know but...

Works now  :), except if adding more than one of the same track on it still tries to put both of them onto the later disc, according to [Disc Number] (why you'd want to do this I don't know, but never mind...).

I tried putting a whole big album on twice, and a bit more, then deleting a few until it said Disc 2 for everything, at which point I clicked burn and it crashed...

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 07:36:41 pm »

3. Fixed: Gridlines were not appearing in lists.

Confirmed -- gridlines are back.  Thanks.

21. Fixed: MP4 file types occasionally listed as 'not supported' for transfer to iPods.

This appears to have ALSO fixed the issue where the sync button would not work after doing an initialize.  My mp4's all list as "In Queue" after an initialize, and the sync button works without restarting MC.

I did an initialize, and I'm doing a sync right now.  It will be a few hours before it's finished, after which I'll test this (although Randy already said it worked, so I'm assuming it probably will.)  I did notice that the speed of the sync is slower now.  I used to see average transfer rates in the upper 3's to lower 4's with occasional spikes to the low 5's.  Now I'm seeing low to mid 2's, with RARE spikes to the low 3's and frequent drops to the 1's or below.  This is not a "problem" -- I'm happy it's working now, and I am perfectly willing to give up some transfer speed to ensure that it works properly -- I just wanted to mention it.

Thanks,

Larry

Griff

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 07:57:35 pm »

Theater View list-style shows small icons next to the text

Looks good!

1. NEW: Added "Move Next To Play" to file commands in Theater View Playing Now list

Works very good.

Thanks

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 09:29:14 pm »

When switching to Theater View,
If MC is on my main monitor, regardless of size, it transitions fine,
If MC is on my second monitor and not full screen prior to switching, the transition goes well,
But, if MC is full-screen on my second monitor at the transition to Theater View, MC minimizes to the Taskbar instead.
. . . the game is rigged

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 10:23:56 pm »

Didn't see these mentioned in the build notes, so...

Are PNG files non-taggable? Everything I've read suggests they are, but MC doesn't seem to be writing any tag data to my PNGs

Also, MC is no longer creating thumbnails for Quicktime MOV files. It used to, but that was before I Vista x64. I have Quicktime Alternative installed. It can play them fine, but it won't create thumbnails and it also won't let me do manual screengrabs for them.

Theater View really needs the option to hide the Exit command. I don't want my Theater View users to accidentally find themselves anywhere but in Theater View.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2006, 10:45:47 pm »

I'm using a library server client copy of MC, and though the build thumbnails says that it's completed, over half of my images remain without thumbnails.

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2006, 12:15:31 am »

I did notice that the speed of the sync is slower now.  I used to see average transfer rates in the upper 3's to lower 4's with occasional spikes to the low 5's.  Now I'm seeing low to mid 2's, with RARE spikes to the low 3's and frequent drops to the 1's or below.

i'm getting no discernible diff with the transfer speed on this build. peaks at around 6.9, levels out at high 4's and low 5's. predicts around 3.6hr transfer of around 45gb data, which is pretty much what previous builds have predicted at the same point. i'm transferring mostly VBR mp3's to a 60gb ipod vid.

brainsoup

• World Citizen
  • Sexy! No No No...
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2006, 01:03:36 am »

5. NEW: Added support for compilations on iPods.

hurrah! Thanks guys...

Mp4 video files that have been tagged in the Media Sub Type field are still re-synching to my iPod every time.

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2006, 01:29:07 am »

Found this minor bug: <a href="http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=37186.0" target="_blank">Forum thread[/url]

It's a issue with smartlist not beeing refreshed when called.
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2006, 02:05:07 am »

I decided to try some additional testing based on the compression type.  I thought I only had CBR, but I did find some other things and tested all combinations.

In the Compression Tag I have 5 values:

Empty Tag = these play OK
CBR MPEG-1 Layer 2 = these won't play, they just skip to the next track
CBR MPEG-1 Layer 3 = these play OK
CBR MPEG-2 Layer 3 = these play OK
VBR MPEG-1 Layer 3 = these play OK

When I say they play OK, I tested the playback on the iPod including the fast forward/reposition.

BTW - I don't know why some have no value in the compression tag.  I have 1626 tracks in this category, all of which were ripped with MC.

Randy

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2006, 02:51:51 am »

2. NEW: Theater View list-style shows small icons next to the text.

I really like this. A quick observation though:

There are no thumbs for empty Playlists and Playlist content that does not have cover-art. This looks a bit strange. Could there be some default art used in these cases like the "FolderThumb.png" image perhaps?

Z-Wave Home Automation

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2006, 02:56:44 am »

Okay -- my sync finished I confirmed that VBR files are once again playing -- thank you.

However, it appears that the "broken" iPod gapless feature has been re-instituted.  Transitions between songs that should have no gap are once again either popping, or clipping off a small bit of the song, creating a slight "jump" at the seam that is more than a little annoying.  This is the same problem that was reported before in this thread:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36405.0

Did the files from coolblue ever reveal anything?

Thanks,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2006, 03:00:16 am »

BTW - I don't know why some have no value in the compression tag.  I have 1626 tracks in this category, all of which were ripped with MC.

Randy

On my system, the ONLY files that have a value in the "compression" tag are ones that I did NOT rip with MC, and a SINGLE album that I ripped in MC several days ago.  ALL of the files I ripped in MC other than this ONE album have an empty "compression" tag.  It would appear that until recently, MC did not fill in this tag when ripping.

Larry

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2006, 03:05:57 am »

On my system, the ONLY files that have a value in the "compression" tag are ones that I did NOT rip with MC.  ALL of the files I ripped in MC have an empty "compression" tag.

In addition to the empty "compression"  tag, which was ripped with MC, I also have a lot that are CBR MPEG-1 Layer 3 that were ripped with MC. 

Randy

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2006, 03:12:11 am »

Video Aspect Ratio Bug in Theater View Playing Now

I reported this yesterday, here's some more info.........

I have a bunch of xvid encoded AVI movies. They are all widescreen format but because I view them on a 4:3 display I set the aspect ratio to CROP for fullscreen playback.

So, try this:

Make sure aspect ratio is set to "CROP"

1. Open Theater View and go to Video and play a widescreen format AVI (other formats may exhibit this problem but this is what I've tested).
2. Toggle Display View. Video looks fullscreen - all ok.
3. Stop playback and goto Theater View Playing Now.
4. Start the video again from Playing Now.
5. The video starts playing back in the bottom half of the Playing Now screen.
6. Toggle Display View again for fullscreen and the Video will either a) not scale to fullscreen as before OR b) look over magnified (depending on the format of what you're playing I think).

I think the issue has more to do with the fact that when you start playback from Playing Now, the video scales to the bottom half of the Playing Now view. Something goes wrong with re-scaling the video to fullscreen from here it seems.

Hope this helps.
Z-Wave Home Automation

gappie

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2006, 07:19:16 am »

recent playing nows dont work as expected.

wrote it down in this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=37167.0

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2006, 08:01:18 am »

Video Aspect Ratio Bug in Theater View Playing Now

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the details. That definitely helped.

Fixed in the next build.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2006, 10:02:18 am »

When MC is set to another language than English:

- Start playing audio files in Standard mode
- Switch to Theater View
- Choose "playing now" in the language you have chosen (e.g. for Dutch : "Huidige Speellijst")

This will be treated as normal list view in stead of "playing now" view. This means that the visualisation is in a small box on the left bottom of the screen in stead of half of the bottom screen.

Also, the rotating images at the main screen for Images, Video etc. are not there if the translation is different than the English one.

When in English, no problems.

So I presume some actions & views are based on words, but if the words change by choosing another language, these actions don't work anymore
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

SwellGuy

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2006, 11:01:31 am »

Magic,

Your MPEG-1, Layer 2 files are not supported by iPod according to this link http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61476. How are they getting transferred? Do they have the extension .mp3 or .mp2?

Regards,
Rick

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2006, 12:44:44 pm »

MC is no longer playing m4v files, so none of my video podcasts are working. I've got 8 currently downloaded, all are m4v files, but MC has 4 of them labeled as MOV files and the other 4 as MP3's.

Tanguero

• World Citizen
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2006, 02:12:14 pm »

I have a mp3 track with 5 seconds of silence, which I use repeatedly in my playlists. It has worked fine in MC 11 (with exception for a problem that was solved a few weeks ago), but in MC 12.0.117 MC just ignores the track and skips to the next. If I try to play any of the instances of the track explicity by doubleklicking it, MC just plays the track directly after the first occurence of the short track.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2006, 03:20:00 pm »

I have a mp3 track with 5 seconds of silence, which I use repeatedly in my playlists. It has worked fine in MC 11 (with exception for a problem that was solved a few weeks ago), but in MC 12.0.117 MC just ignores the track and skips to the next. If I try to play any of the instances of the track explicity by doubleklicking it, MC just plays the track directly after the first occurence of the short track.

Options > Playback > Do not play silence
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Hugo_Elbuho

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2006, 03:37:05 pm »

Hi people. Just one question on regards of Thumbnails in Theater View. 

Would it be a normal behaviour that thumbnails aren't being displayed in the Client computer (using Theater View) when using Media Server?  Although i have it set up to "Show" they won't appear.

Perhaps it's restricted for performance but just wanted to know.  Besides, can anybody else confirm this?

Thanks

EDIT: Just in case i mean the
NEW: Theater View list-style shows small icons next to the text.
feature.  The alternate view displays them just right.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2006, 03:49:16 pm »

MC is no longer playing m4v files, so none of my video podcasts are working. I've got 8 currently downloaded, all are m4v files, but MC has 4 of them labeled as MOV files and the other 4 as MP3's.

See this thread Doof: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=37135.0

Video Podcasts are currently all borked up.  Matt thinks it'll be fixed in tonight's build (of course, that went for 117 as well so..)
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Tanguero

• World Citizen
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2006, 03:51:11 pm »

Options > Playback > Do not play silence

Thanks, Matt!

Pages: [1]   Go Up