INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Display View Hotkey Controls  (Read 1046 times)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
New Display View Hotkey Controls
« on: November 21, 2006, 10:17:18 am »

So many of the video-related enhancements in MC12 are spectacular, but I find myself aching for a few simple abilities on my remote while watching video full-screen.  Almost none of my controls on my remote do anything at all when in Display View and I find that I have to use my mouse to do most anything that I want to accomplish (and some things aren't possible really at all).

So... Here's a few simple hotkey enhancements I'd really like to see that would apply only to Display View (or at least only when a Playing window is "in front").  An alternative would be to just have some MCC commands that would do the same things and then I could just accomplish it via Girder (I think the simple hotkeys would be better for many purposes though).

Left/Right Arrow -- rewind/advance 1 frame at a time (or a short skip if needed because of media types that don't support single frame/GOP/whatever advancing)

Control-I (or something else unused, I don't care) - Bring up the Display View "header" bar as an "Info" display (I've explained this before).

Control-D (again, or something else) - Detach Display (this could be useful in Standard View as well)

Anyone else agree or disagree?  Anything else you find yourself doing regularly that could be easier with a simple keypress on a remote or keyboard?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: New Display View Hotkey Controls
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 05:45:35 pm »

I certainly agree with the Info bar one. I've also requested this a few times. I would also use the rew/ff1-frame-at-a-time feature if it was implemented.

The only thing I'd probably add to this this (which I'm missing right now) is a hotkey/MCC command for changing video aspect ratio.

One final point. A new hotkey sequence was added recently for cycling thru dvd streams (which is great). I'm just confused why the related operation of returning to a DVDs main menu is an MCC command. Ideally, I'd prefer the later for both but some consistency either way would be the go.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

gappie

Re: New Display View Hotkey Controls
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 06:01:29 pm »

i agree, especialy detach display, i suggested it already a few times, did not get much response then: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36491.0 .
an additional argument is that the detached display works great when people use two monitors.

and ofcourse. rotate images left or right. but there is not much hope for that. as you can read in this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=37025.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up