INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Handheld Fill  (Read 998 times)

marrahm

• Recent member
Handheld Fill
« on: November 21, 2006, 07:38:34 pm »

I'm using MC12 to synch with my Palm pilot and its 512M card.  I'm trying to use the Smartlist feature "~fill" but it won't fill the card no matter what I do.  Everything works as it should, except that MC uses only say 100K or so of the available space on the card rather than filing it up.  MC even tells me there is space left, but I can't get the playlist to pick up more.  I didn't see anything in the help file that addressed how to set a size or otherwise tell MC how much space is available on the handheld -- any hints? 

I've tried "~fill=512" and that doesn't seem to change much if anything.  I have my library ripped with MC using LAME at the extreme settings.   I also have the handheld set to always convert to the normal/fast LAME settings.  Based on the playlist summary info at the bottom of the screen, it looks like MC is "filling" the handheld based on the size of the unconverted files.  Is there a way of setting it to continue filling the HH until its actually full or estimate the size of the converted files? 

thanks,
Mike

SwellGuy

Re: Handheld Fill
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 09:09:33 am »

You can try working around the problem by increasing the fill size of your Smartlist by about (4x).

marrahm

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 06:58:37 pm »

Any idea what the format is for "fill=xxx"?  I've tried every possibility I can think of to get to 2G and its equivalent, but nothing seems to make  a difference.

Thanks,
Mike

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 09:36:55 pm »

Fill doesn't understand conversion, so perhaps that's the issue?  (it'll get enough in the uncompressed format)

For me, this simple smartlist works:
~fill=[My Device]

(replace My Device with the name of the device)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

marrahm

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 08:47:41 am »

Matt,

Thanks, I think that is the issue as no matter what I do, it will only construct a playlist to the unconverted size.  It would be nice to not waste space using unconverted files, but otherwise, the convenience of the auto fill function is fantastic.

Thanks,
mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up