INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sorting my Photos  (Read 1109 times)

johnnyboy

• Citizen of the Universe
Sorting my Photos
« on: November 21, 2006, 08:30:58 pm »

Howdy all,
I have a ton of photos (over 15,000) from over the last ten years or so.
None of them are tagged and they're all simly organised in a single folder with sub dir's using:

Photo's
+- 1997 - 08 (August) - Trip to Hawaii
+- 1998 - 01 (January) - Snowboarding trip
+- etc

I now want to go through them all and choose my favourite ones as I am going to make a collage out of them and have it professionally printed as a painting for my wall.

My question is though, with that many photos I want a VERY easy and fast way to go through and choose my favourites.

Two mouse clicks for instances is far too much and too slow, I need to be able to 'page down' to the next image and press a button or button combo instantly if I like it and then 'page down' to the next one.

ACDSee has the 'bucket' which lets you add images to it and I can page through all my images and instantly keep any I want by clicking 'ctrl+b' and then moving straight onto the next.

As well as this ACDSee pre-decodes the next image so that when I click now it displays it instantly and I dont have to wait for it to decode it which means you really can flick through them nearly instantly.

My question is, does MC have any way I could instantly say 'yes' type thing to any photo's I want if I want to keep them and also, how fast is it at flicking through a large number of photos one after the other with less than a seconds gap inbetween each one?

Thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Sorting my Photos
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 09:55:46 pm »

Play images.

Pg Up / Dg Down to flip.  MC has fast JPEG decoding -- it can show around 3-4 10 megapixel images per second on my home machine.

Ctrl+Shift+1...5 to rate.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 04:31:34 pm »

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

johnnyboy

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 05:03:37 pm »

Now I feel special!
If I get this, cant imagine what that cute little dog must get when it's dinner time every day :P lol.
Pages: [1]   Go Up