INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DV Raptor Video Capture Card  (Read 2016 times)

townsma

• Recent member
DV Raptor Video Capture Card
« on: November 21, 2006, 11:54:19 pm »

I have a Canopus DV Raptor card in my computer.  The card is working fine, and I can capture video through the analogue port if I use the Raptor software, or Adobe software.  In MC11, the TV Tuner can see my raptor card as an analgue video card. I have ticked "Make video inputs available as channels", but the no channels are listed.

I pushed the Analgue button, but still nothing shows.

Am I doing something wrong, of there some reason why this won't work?

I can't use a normal TV card as we only have satelite tv here that must go through a decoder, so it must be a video capture card not a TV card.

TIA

Mark

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: DV Raptor Video Capture Card
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 09:57:16 am »

Devices without a tuner is not officially supported.

You can try clicking the "Watch" button. You can also try click '0' and 'Enter' on the key pad.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

townsma

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 05:30:46 pm »

Thanks for the reply. I have tried what you say, and nothing is displayed.

The problem with living in Indonesia is we can't always get the exact makes and models are cards that everyone raves about.  Not for at least 12 months later. The only certain budget items.

When I saw that MC was a true media centre and could handle my very large MP3 collection (over 10,000 songs), plus my video and photo collection  was delighted.  When I read it could also capture video through an analogue port I was over the moon with delight.  Now I find that it only seems to work if I buy the exact cards you specify, I am very disspointed. 

The whole idea behind the Windows platform, and the servcies provided by DirectX etc. are supposed to dispose of the the hassles we had before like this.  Basically, if it has Windows drivers it should work.  But now I find there are still manufacturers that write code that is not 100% Windows compliant, and does not follow this ethos.

Oh well, guess it is time to look for a new package.  Anyone got any ideas of something I can try.

Thanks

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 07:36:07 am »

Sorry for the disappointment.

If your device had a DirectShow compliant Composite or SVideo port, it should show up as a channel in the Channels list when "Make video inputs available as channels" is checked.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up