INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trouble with custom tags in Ogg files  (Read 902 times)

dtronvig

Trouble with custom tags in Ogg files
« on: November 23, 2006, 10:45:06 pm »

I'm generally storing tracks in FLAC format, and I've set up a few custom tag fields. In Media Center, I can see and edit the tags just fine, whether the custom tags were created inside Media center or elsewhere. But if I convert some of the files to Ogg--which is supposed to use the same tag format as FLAC-- Media Center has trouble with the custom fields.

If I convert the files outside of Media Center, the fields are passed on to the Ogg file unchanged, as viewed in dBpowerAMP or foobar2000, but Media Center can't see the custom tags in the Ogg files at all. If I plug values into the apparently empty custom fields in Media Center and update the tags from the library, the new values are actually recorded with a field name of "MEDIAJUKEBOX:" followed by the original field name, and Media Center displays those fields under the original field names. The original custom tags stay in the in the Ogg files even after the corresponding "MEDIAJUKEBOX:" tags have been added to the files.

If I convert the FLAC files to Ogg inside Media Center, all the custom tags have "MEDIAJUKEBOX:" added to the field name and and show in Media Center under the original field name. None the custom tags pass through to the Ogg files under the original unappended names.

The "MEDIAJUKEBOX:" thing doesn't happen with the FLAC files, so this throws the field names out of sync between the FLAC and the Ogg files, at least from the point of view of any other program. So, what's going on, and is there something I can do to fix it?

Thanks,
Drew
Pages: [1]   Go Up