INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theatre view / navigation  (Read 1645 times)

Araj

• World Citizen
Theatre view / navigation
« on: November 26, 2006, 04:10:26 pm »

I want to use Theatre view to play music on my laptop from the other side of the room. When the track is playing, in the Playing Now view, the track info is much too small in all the ways I've tried so far. What I'd like to see is the cover art for the current track with the Artist, Album and track info in nice big letters. Track runtime would be nice too. Pretty straightforward - in fact it's the same stuff I can see at the top of MC all the time. Apart form that I'd like a fast navigation/search. Does that exist in Theatre view? The navigation/search I found is slow and cumbersome.

Or can anyone recommend another program with a really good view to use at a distance?

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Theatre view / navigation
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 04:18:37 am »

Creating an MC 2D visualization is best used for this. Here's a couple which I've created. If it's not 100% what you're after, it should give you some ideas anyway..

Just install the mjv's to a new vis folder under your MC install location. Eg, ....Program Files\JRiver\Media Center 12\Visualizations\Vis Studio\Custom\. Right-click in playing now to select the viz.

As far as the Theater View search goes. Check out MC12. It has some great improvements in this department with an on-screen keyboard for searching.

Cheers.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

Araj

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 05:56:47 am »

As far as the Theater View search goes. Check out MC12

Would love to. Can you give me access? The Tview and search is my only serious gripe with MC11 - I prepare music for dance workshops on my laptop, and it would be tremendous if I had a Theater View which could be easily navigated by workshop leaders without having to give them a major rundown first. This isn't a requirement from masses of users of course - but it would also be more than handy for friends and family using MC. I tested it at home with the following result: wife "too complicated", kids (17 and 13) had great fun clicking everything to see what it did, but immediately afterwards reverted to the old fashioned stereo and harddisk mp3 portable for actually listening to music   :(

Thanks for the visualisations. I'll check 'em out later

Araj

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 01:33:46 pm »

Doooh! Just found the MC12 beta. Dunno how but before I ended up somewhere with a link where I had to provide a password.

The visualisations are both good, a big step in the right direction. I never tried the studio thing, but perhaps I'll eventually find the time to fiddle with it long enough to work out how to use it

Araj

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 03:50:40 pm »

Okay, I spent a few hours twiddling with Vis Studio now and it's pretty much just what I was looking for. Relatively easy to work with too.

Any chance someone can let me know where to find documentation, or at least a few simple parameters? What I'm looking for is things like Track#. I presume it's possible to generate the track number on screen from a Text field - in the same way that "ARTIST" shows the current artist? I tried using "TRACK" or "TRACK#" etc. to no effect...

MC12 is looking GOOD !
Pages: [1]   Go Up