INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ipod sync speed  (Read 784 times)

krdavies

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
ipod sync speed
« on: November 27, 2006, 02:57:34 am »

I recently upgraded to MC12 and my ipod sync speed has fallen from 4-5MB/sec down to 0.3-0.5MB/sec. This means it now takes half an hour every time I sync my ipod rather than the couple of minutes it used to take. I updated my Nano's software from 1.2 to 1.3 and this made no difference.

Any ideas?

TIA

krdavies

• Recent member
Re: ipod sync speed
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 11:07:29 am »

No ideas anyone? This is driving me nuts. I gave up on my video ipod because Apple's gonna bring out a new one before the sync has finished.

gpvillamil

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Listen to the music...
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 12:48:27 pm »

Sounds like a problem with your USB connection.

Are you still using the same computer? Perhaps you are now using a computer with USB 1.1, which is much slower.

If you are still using the same computer, perhaps the USB drivers got messed up? Also, often you can't mix USB1.1 and USB2.0 devices on the same hub. If you do, all devices are throttled down to USB1.1 speeds.

Even if you are plugging your Nano into a dedicated port on your computer, sometimes all the USB ports are actually connected together inside the case, as a hub. So plugging a USB1.1 device into any port could slow down all your devices.

krdavies

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 01:26:07 pm »

Thanks, I'll look into this. The laptop I'm using is only a month old and all the USB ports are supposed to be USB 2. I think I'm right in saying that the Nano is the only USB device that's ever been plugged in but I'll have a dig round and see if I can find a driver problem.

Cheers,

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up