INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.120  (Read 3251 times)

DarkPenguin

• Citizen of the Universe
Media Center 12.0.120
« on: November 27, 2006, 05:01:17 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

If you're new to MC, please use MC11.1 from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120120.exe

12.0.120 (11/27/06)

1. NEW: JRSS surround sound processing is optional when converting 2 channel audio to 4 or 5.1 channel audio.
2. NEW: Subwoofer cutoff frequency is customizable when converting 2 channel audio to 5.1 sound.
3. NEW: Equalizer works with 4 channel, 5.1 channel, etc. audio sources.
4. NEW: Equalizer equalizes each channel in a separate thread (improves performance on HT and multi-core machines)
5. NEW: DSP "Effects" works with 4, 5.1, etc. channel sources. (unlike equalizer, effects only apply to main left and right channels)
6. Fixed: If "update from cd database" was selected for a CD and no matches were found or user canceled, existing tag values were still getting wiped out.
7. Fixed: Playing a flv video directly from YouTube or Google Video would not work unless the user has previously played a local flv file.
8. Fixed: The selected 3D visualization could revert to "Picture Terrain" in some cases.
9. Fixed: Temporarily disabled writing out IPTC headers to prevent problems when loading jpeg files in PhotoShop.

12.0.119 (11/22/06)

1. Fixed: Playing files with internal art could stack images in the temporary folder until the program was closed.
2. Fixed: Adding a large number of files to a data disk burn would freeze MC for an extended time.
3. Fixed: Folder renaming for a data disk burn wasn't working correctly.
4. NEW: When emailing log files (Help > Logging...), both logs are placed in a single zip file.
5. Fixed: "Burn Disc" start page didn't have a border on the Data Disc name field, making it hard to read.
6. Fixed: "Burn Disc" start page would be too tall in data mode.
7. Fixed: In some Action Window pages, controls could draw with black backgrounds in certain cases.
8. Changed: In a new library, "Camera" is a default search field.
9. NEW: During image playback, the next and previous image are preloaded in a background thread for near-instant image switching.

12.0.118 (11/21/06)

1. Fixed: The "Compression" field would not be properly filled when ripping a track. (use "Update Library (from tags)" to fill in any files missing this field)
2. Changed: Replaced "Category" in field properties dialog with "Flags". (to pick what media type a field belongs to, etc.)
3. Fixed: "Playing Now" would display properly with translation enabled.
4. Fixed: Text and images in Theater View that keyed off of location didn't work properly with translation enabled.
5. Fixed: Video podcasts could still have an unknown media type.
6. Fixed: "Crop" aspect ratio setting did not work properly in video player and TV when video window was resized.
7. Changed: Changed how FF and REW are carried out. Some MPEG-2 files previously had problem updating image should perform better now.
8. Fixed: Ratings not getting posted back to MC from iPod if the files were manually transferred.
9. Fixed: Transferring protected files to an iPod could case MC to hang.
10. Fixed: Some asx streams wouldn't play.
11. Fixed: MC was identifying non-iPod devices as though they were iPods.
12. Fixed: Files with internal art wouldn't show their art when switching from G-Force to another visualization.
13. NEW: Theater View uses an on-screen keyboard for performing searches. (NOTE: only Noire skin updated -- others to follow)

12.0.117 (11/20/06)

1. NEW: Added "Move Next To Play" to file commands in Theater View Playing Now list.
2. NEW: Theater View list-style shows small icons next to the text.
3. Fixed: Gridlines were not appearing in lists.
4. NEW: Dropping files onto "Playlists" or any playlist group will create a new playlist with those files.
5. NEW: Right-click "Playing Now" in the tree has "Edit Playing Now..." for drag-n-drop editing in the Action Window.
6. NEW: Streamlined the Action Window "Build Playlist" so only a single-click (or drag-n-drop) is required to make a playlist.
7. Fixed: Scrollbars wouldn't redraw properly when releasing them when the mouse wasn't over the scrollbar.
8. Changed: "Playlists" view header has a "Add Playlist Group" button.
9. Fixed: When burning a data disc, the "disc name" field allowed an illegal length name to be typed in.
10. Optimized: Skin switching looks smoother and happens faster.
11. Changed: Playlist groups have a unique icon in the tree.
12. Fixed: Seeking from the start of a converted on-the-fly file with the UPnP Server (and DSM32 e.g.) didn't work.
13. Fixed: Some UPnP playback types could fail.
14. Fixed: Podcasts wouldn't properly understand some file types.
15. Fixed: Data disc folder naming option was broken.
16. Fixed: MP3 files not playing on some iPods.
17. Fixed: In very rare situations MC was analizing non-iPod devices as though they were iPods.
18. Fixed: With a multi-monitor system, maximizing app, showing fullscreen display on a different monitor, and then returning could switch the monitor the program was on.
19. Changed: Reworked how stacks of audio images are generated so that stack images are broken on album boundaries instead of image boundaries. (this fixes some library server stack issues)
20. Fixed: MP4 file types occasionally listed as 'not supported' for transfer to iPods.

Rizlaw

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 12.0.120
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 05:29:41 pm »

The link to 12.0.120 is not working.
Ubuntu Gnome 20.04 LTS

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 05:37:02 pm »

The link to 12.0.120 is not working.
Please try again.  It's working for me.

gappie

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 05:37:47 pm »

well, i report this again. dont know if its a bug because nobody else reported it so far. or nobody cares to. recent playing nows are not there until the tree is kicked and are not updated until the tree is kicked by opening options and pressing ok or making or deleting a playlist, etc. and i get an old stupid playlist i made in the 11 days as a standard recent playing now view. http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=37167.0

a second bug, i guess, and smallest one i stumbled over, but since this is a bug thread.  :)
i always close mc before installing an update. i forgot today, so the install asked if it should close down the version running before going on. i said ´ofcource`. and i got several screens about dlls and stuf that did not work. had to restart and do it again. for me it would do if it said. "stupid fool, you forgot to close mc before hitting me. now restart the machine and try again"  :-[

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 08:33:36 pm »

2. NEW: Theater View list-style shows small icons next to the text.

Where there are no thumbs to show, no image is displayed next to the list text at all. For consistency, could the NoThumb.png image be used please - just like everywhere else.

Thanks.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 12:46:09 am »

on windows vista:

video in windows media player mode - not worked position bar (sience 12.0.120), volume control.
video in native mode - not disabled monitor sleep mode...

sorry for my english

EpF

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 05:01:02 am »

Media Scheduler won't honour a schedule unless I click on 'Media Scheduler' under Plugins once per session - at least, this is what appears to be happening.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2006, 10:17:42 am »

If files have been removed outside of MC, MC12 will not remove them from the library using manual importing regardless of options selected.  The only way I was able to get MC to remove the broken links was to enable OTTO. (tested repeatedly on local drive)

If this is not a bug but intended, I much prefer not to use OTTO and would greatly appreciate the import setup from MC11.1 being incorporated into MC12 along-side OTTO. (1-click - multiple folders scanned, broken links fixed/removed, library back-up)
. . . the game is rigged

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2006, 10:27:27 am »

If files have been removed outside of MC, MC12 will not remove them from the library using manual importing regardless of options selected.  The only way I was able to get MC to remove the broken links was to enable OTTO. (tested repeatedly on local drive)

If this is not a bug but intended, I much prefer not to use OTTO and would greatly appreciate the import setup from MC11.1 being incorporated into MC12 along-side OTTO. (1-click - multiple folders scanned, broken links fixed/removed, library back-up)

Otto IS the MC 11.1 system with improved flexibility and the optional ability to run it in the background.  Configure the folder list, and pick "Run Auto-Import Now..."
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2006, 10:49:08 am »

I just tested this on two different machines and it works for me without issue.  I tested both with build 118 and build 120, and with the Background Auto-Importing feature disabled (of course).  I also tested both with and without the folder where the deleted files used to live added to the Auto-Import "Watched Folders" list.  Worked fine every time.

I use this fairly regularly with my machines at work so I was surprised that it might have gotten broken.

Only thing I did not test was deleting files on a network or removable drive with the Fix Broken Links option set to Yes (rather than "Leave network files").  That's dangerous for me (since I have a lot of files on network drives on machines that could be rebooted at any time), so I never change it except for the rare manual delete operation.  One caveat that you might not be aware of, the "Leave Network files" option applies to files on removable disks as well (so external USB hard drives wouldn't be checked for deleted/moved files for example).  It should really be called "Leave Network/Removable files" I suppose.  I only mention this because you said "local drive" but didn't specify internal vs. external.

Either way... Works for me!
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2006, 03:15:26 pm »

Otto IS the MC 11.1 system with improved flexibility and the optional ability to run it in the background.  Configure the folder list, and pick "Run Auto-Import Now..."
I stand corrected, apparently the Toolbar button for "Import Folder" does not include the same functionality as "Run Auto-Import Now"
It now works as expected, Thanks for the clarification.
. . . the game is rigged

gappie

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2006, 05:11:30 pm »

Does tagging mode still work?  I've never used it, but I've enabled it before (in prior versions), and noticed the check boxes.  With 12.0.120, when I enable Tagging Mode (and verify as much by checking the Edit menu), no check boxes appear.

maybe you forgot to select the item in the pane at the bottom you wanted to tag.

gab

jlencion

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2006, 08:44:49 am »

My copy of mc12 was crashing a bunch, so I ran the debugger when it crashed and it looked like the problem was somewhere in MCScrobbler.dll which came with a last.fm plugin I downloaded from their page. I uninstalled that plugin and installed the latest beta one that was available in the MC11 forum and things seem to be working well so far.

Just a heads up in case anybody else is having a similar problem.

Quixote

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2006, 03:38:18 pm »

IsEmpty([field],0) is not returning "1" on empty string fields

Renaming this file using IsEmpty([Artist]) should return a "1".  Notice the artist field is empty.

Returns a "0" instead.
Pages: [1]   Go Up