INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I have a M3U Playlist. How do I import only the playlist?  (Read 1504 times)

Click Cardo

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
I have a M3U Playlist. How do I import only the playlist?
« on: December 01, 2006, 05:07:37 am »

I have 11.1.196 version of Media Center.  I had a number of MC playlists that I exported awhile back as M3U.  The file names/locations have not changed for any of the tracks.  I recently had to reimport everything into a new library.  How do I get those M3U Playlists of files into MC as MC Playlists?  Seems like a usefull capability, but could not find out how to do it.

Just to be clear the MP3 track files are already in the Library so if possible I'd just like to get the playlist in and hooked up with those entries.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: I have a M3U Playlist. How do I import only the playlist?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 06:36:22 am »

After importing they should appear in MC tree > Playlists > Imported Playlists if the file references inside the lists are correct.

It works for me.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 06:44:01 am »

From the MC12 forum
Some of the playlists I exported as M3U show up under Imported Playlists, but NOT ALL of them do.  Also, I did nothing to put ANY of them in that list.  So can you tell me again how you get the M3U file playlists into MC 11 as MC 11 playlists?

You could try to import the playlists separately. Select only the "Audio Playlist (m3u...)" format and untick all other options in the advanced import options.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Click Cardo

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 05:13:09 pm »

Alex

It worked perfectly.  You really helped me out.

Thanks
CC
Pages: [1]   Go Up