INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library and Remote Server both no-go  (Read 1486 times)

earthmonkey

• Recent member
Library and Remote Server both no-go
« on: December 02, 2006, 03:14:33 pm »

v 11.1.200, as-yet unregistered
Are Library and Remote server disabled in trial version?

Remote server will work every great once and a while, but flakes out quickly and inevitably. Tried every port, renaming machine, and a bunch of other stuff.

Library server has never worked, from 4 different outside machines. No firewall stones left unturned as to those machines. Manually enabled the the ports on my router.

Something in my router? I've examine the FAQ, manuals, and searched the forum. Any suggestions or direction on where to lookfor answers most appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Library and Remote Server both no-go
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 03:23:43 pm »

The demo is only time limited, so all features will work.

Try connecting locally.  Client and server on same PC.  It should either work or not work.  If it doesn't, there is some kind of network issue.

If you're trying to connect from outside your home network, there may be other (routing) issues.  Here's a page that has some basic info on networks: http://www.perbcast.com/network.html.  You could also consult your router manual.

earthmonkey

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 03:54:36 pm »

Thanks for the quick response. I've tried remote from the LAN but not the same machine; will do so as soon as I'm back home. Would love to get this all groovin', as MC does all the other things I need.

earthmonkey

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 10:25:46 pm »

Well, remote from same machine brings up functional control pages, but crashes MC after a few commands. An uninstall / reinstall doesn't help. Any thoughts?

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 10:11:19 am »

Sounds like a router problem.

Try the URL 'http://x.x.x.x:y/GetVersion' from a web browser, it should return a blank page and if you look at the headers, there'll be an extra one for the version of Library Server. If you get an error here, it should provide a clue.

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up