INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod: Auto Maximize number of songs synced?  (Read 1198 times)

datdude

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
iPod: Auto Maximize number of songs synced?
« on: December 05, 2006, 09:09:23 pm »

I believe itunes has a smartlist features where it automaticall knows how many songs to add to get the most on the iPod based on capacity. 

I know MC can set a miximum smartlist size in mbs, but I have many playlists that vary in size from sync to sync. 

What would be the best way to achive this?
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

SwellGuy

Re: iPod: Auto Maximize number of songs synced?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 04:31:56 pm »

That would take a new feature. We're working with Smartlists now so we will look at what it would take to add this functionality.

Berg

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 09:33:34 am »

I also think this is a great idea. That being said, I would like to be able to "set aside" x amount of space for music, x amount of space for movies and x amount of space for TV shows on my video iPod.

More to add to smartlists ;)

Thanks.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 10:18:25 pm »

That would take a new feature. We're working with Smartlists now so we will look at what it would take to add this functionality.

Cool.  I have 2 more features I would like looked at for SmartLists as well:

1) A minimum file size individual smartlists.  I have some smarlists that are very complex sometimes, they generate longs lists, and sometimes are very short.  I hate it when there is only a few songs.  If I simply refresh it, the smarlist goes back to an acceptable size.  Why not prevent the small lists from ever appearing?

2) Smartlist rule: ~limit=1,-1,[XXXXX] Does not work for semicolon delimited lists.  MC unfortunately finds all songs with the exact same string in its entirety (usually means it finds very few songs) rather than singling out a unique field within the string.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball
Pages: [1]   Go Up