INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New User - Purchase 12 or 11?  (Read 1152 times)

TreeFrog77

• Junior Woodchuck
New User - Purchase 12 or 11?
« on: December 06, 2006, 12:10:53 pm »

I have been testing MC and have now wondered why I was using anything else (I've tried MANY programs).

As my trial is getting ready to expire, my question comes down to purchasing.  I have been testing with MC 11, but will most likely move to 12 at some point in the beta process (if Microsoft betas don't scare me, I don't think JR's will).  So, here inlies the question:

As a new licensee, should I purchase 12 (now in beta) or 11?

I assume those that purchase 12 beta will be already regsitered for the final 12 version.  If I buy 11, then I will be required to purchase the upgrade to 12 later (albeit $20 seems very reasonable to me, based on the raves I continue to read about this product).

On a different note... since I haven't tested 12 yet, if I download a 12 beta trial...

Does 12 beta have it's own 30-day trial separate from my (soon to expire) 11 trial?

This might actually help me decide.

Thanks for such a great product.   ;D

enervation

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: New User - Purchase 12 or 11?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 12:14:08 pm »

I *believe* that if you buy 11 now, you can upgrade to 12 for free. Don't quote me on that though.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 12:16:13 pm »

That's right.  It makes no difference.  All currently issued MC11.1 licenses (make sure to register using the most current build of MC11.1) are a MC12 license (and vice versa).

And you can quote me on that!
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 01:30:36 pm »

Mr Frog

I paid for the upgrade to 12 only a month or so ago. It's now very stable, and the features / ease of use etc. are SO much better than 11 IMO.

Take the plunge, load the latest 12 build, check it out - you won't go back to 11, believe me...

Cheers
Rob

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 09:59:58 pm »

Go for 12.  A lot has been added, so I would not bother taking a 2 step process.  It's stable even though it's called beta.
Pages: [1]   Go Up