INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View "Jump On Play" Limitations  (Read 932 times)

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Theater View "Jump On Play" Limitations
« on: December 07, 2006, 04:55:26 pm »

The "Jump On Play" option for Theater View needs work IMO. The 3 current states (none, playing now and display view) are too limiting and should really be based on what content you're playing. For instance, when playing video, I like it to jump to Display View. When Playing music however, I'd like it to do nothing ... allowing me to jump to playing now when I desire.

Any chance these options could be expanded to incorporate this please?
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
Re: Theater View "Jump On Play" Limitations
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 05:14:18 pm »

I've been asking the same thing for a LONG time, so far I've had no response.

I just wanted the same options as the standard view gets as I thought this would have been simple to implement.

Maybe a few of us making the same request might get it actioned.

So if anybody else would like to see this implemented in theater view, please speak up now!

Richard

akak718

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 11:07:55 pm »

I see another problem problem with "jump on play." If I have playback stopped and start something playing from the "playing now," theater view will remain in "playing now" even though I have it set up to jump to "display view"

-Lou

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 12:09:07 am »

I see another problem problem with "jump on play." If I have playback stopped and start something playing from the "playing now," theater view will remain in "playing now" even though I have it set up to jump to "display view"

I would guess that's as designed.

Now whether or not that should be that way... I don't know, but I'd guess it's that way on purpose.  I don't much care myself...
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 01:11:48 pm »

-Lou

Yeah my guess is that this is by design also. I actually think in this case it makes sense to stay in Playing Now.

The "Jump On Play" option for Theater View needs work IMO. The 3 current states (none, playing now and display view) are too limiting and should really be based on what content you're playing. For instance, when playing video, I like it to jump to Display View. When Playing music however, I'd like it to do nothing ... allowing me to jump to playing now when I desire.

Any chance this could get a look-see before MC12 is closed out please?
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation
Pages: [1]   Go Up