INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I list files in the library that MC can't find on disk?  (Read 994 times)

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
How do I list files in the library that MC can't find on disk?
« on: December 09, 2006, 10:15:18 am »

I have had to go back to a library that's a few weeks because of auto import messing up my genres and possibly other things (another thing is that in my opinon everything in autoimport, especially "update for external changes", should be off by default on install!), and I have changed/moved/renamed 146 files since then (the number is from going back to the last image of my system partition with 11.1 and running "update tags from library" to put in genres, which should stop this from happening again). But is there some way to find those files except for running a "fix or remove broken links", which will remove them from the library? Any type of smart list or something like that?
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: How do I list files in the library that MC can't find on disk?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 10:49:43 am »

List "missing" files: [=IsMissing([Filename])]=1

If the list contains more than the expected 146 files, the more you can add to the search rule with regards to where MC *thinks* the files are, the closer to the 146 you will get.

If you know where the files are, you can use find/replace on the filename, of if it's easier, directly edit the filename field, to reconnect the library with the files.

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 11:38:26 am »

Thanks, Marko! Appreciate it! :) I think it's working, because MC has been blank for five minutes now, and I guess it takes a while to find missing files amongst 84 K plus tracks! ;)

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 11:43:16 am »

I have had to go back to a library that's a few weeks because of auto import messing up my genres and possibly other things (another thing is that in my opinon everything in autoimport, especially "update for external changes", should be off by default on install!)
That's possible, but since you mentioned this problem here in the 11 board. There is no auto-import in 11.1.

Unless you meant to post in the MC12 board. In any case given the way you're running MC, it would be best to disable all those options Alex mentioned.

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 12:20:06 pm »

That's an older problem, actually. And that deals with MC's problems dealing with MP3's without any tags at all. I was talking about some tracks that suddenly had another case (title case on norwegian titles) than I set it to.

And the list worked! Now I'm correcting the file names that doesn't correspond, and then I'm gonna make a final backup of the library, restore the image backup with MC12 and finally import that library into MC12. Then my troubles should be over, at least for now. But again it's a case of my obsessive compulsive backups saving me from a lot more trouble!  8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up