INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View - Remote Control Navigation suggestions  (Read 992 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Theater View - Remote Control Navigation suggestions
« on: January 08, 2007, 03:13:37 am »

My Prime I/F for the HTPC will be Theater View (especially for playback by the familly) and I was very pleased to see it worked out of the box with commands programed from the MS IR Remote to my Universal Yami Remote.  After using it for a few weeks I have some suggestions on what I think would be improvments :P to how MC responds to some of these commands:
  • STOP: Pressing stop when in a blank Display View takes you back to Standard View not Theater View
  • RECORD: This does nothing and would be great if it started and stoped recoding in TV mode (given the ongoing DVB-T development this is the only comment I have on about remote contol TV functions in TheaterView at present)
  • PLAY: If something is already playing this acts as a Pause button (already have one of those and it works fine) not a Play button.  Eg if a track is playing you can not highlight another item and press Play to play - you have to press STOP and then PLAY to play the new item
  • BACK: This button works fine in most situations but does not take you back when in Display View - you have to press OK to go "back"
  • i/MORE: This does nothing but would be great if it broght up the Top/Bottom info screens for a few seconds
  • + CH/PG: This takes your track backwards not forwards
  • - CH/PG: This takes your track forwards not backwards

Also - a couple of broader IF comments
  • The Display View button could be simply replaced the mini display as the "button" (so you can click on it or arrow down and press OK) to turn it into Display View - This also prevents having a blank Display View if nothing is playing & the problem in the first point.
  • I can select a audio track, navigate to the Images, then select "play" or "play all" I get a slide show with sound - cool.  However - When I go back an play a Audio track I've lost my prefered Visualisations (BlackStars Blue) and it has defaulted back to displaying Cover Art - can it please "remember" the slected Visualisations?

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
Re: Theater View - Remote Control Navigation suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 03:22:24 am »

• + CH/PG: This takes your track backwards not forwards
  • - CH/PG: This takes your track forwards not backwards

That doesn't make much sense to me? The way it is, is what I would use...

Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Theater View - Remote Control Navigation suggestions
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 09:55:45 am »

If you program your remote using Girder, you can make the buttons do whatever you want (including quite complex logic).  Everyone is going to want the buttons to do slightly different things.  For example, many people would feel just the opposite about the Play button (if their remote has only a Play/Pause combo button for example).  Girder allows you to set it up just as you want.

I've posted my config files for Girder 4 and MC11.1/12 here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=33295.0

Girder is available here from Promixis: http://www.promixis.com/
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up