INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BUG: MC unresponsive while syncing to WM device  (Read 789 times)

aatreya

• World Citizen
BUG: MC unresponsive while syncing to WM device
« on: December 13, 2006, 12:40:39 am »

When MC is syncing with a WM device through RNDIS (the default WM device connection), it uses 100% of the cpu while transferring data.  Though I believe this is due to activesync itself, perhaps there's a way to isolate this process from the rest of the program on a low-priority thread?  It basically makes the program unusable while syncing.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: BUG: MC unresponsive while syncing to WM device
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 12:51:15 am »

All handheld transactions happen in a background thread, so they shouldn't be able to affect the UI too much.

Are you converting during the transfer?  This is CPU hungry, so can make everything feel slower. (even though it's also running a low-priority background thread)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

aatreya

• World Citizen
Re: BUG: MC unresponsive while syncing to WM device
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 12:55:45 am »

I am doing conversion during transfer, so I also thought the unresponsiveness was due to conversion at first.  The strange part is that the problem goes away if I instruct the device to connect to activesync over a plain USB connection (instead of RNDIS, which acts as a network driver).  It's too bad it slows down so much even though it's in a separate thread... is there a way to change the priority?
Pages: [1]   Go Up