INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how to remove album art images from "Images" without losing them as covert art  (Read 1246 times)

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Hi,

This might be a beginner question as I have never played with Images in MC12 a lot. I have noticed that a lot of album art images are also showing up under Images. Some of these images are not associated with the covert art but are in the relevant directory as additional information. For example, some of the images are images of inside inlay shets etc. Some of the images are associated with audio files as covert art but are not named folder.jpg.

So, how do I avoid getting these images in Images without having to lose the association as Covert Art?

thanks,
Osho

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird

The cover art association is completely separate from the imported image files. You can safely delete the image files from MC's library.

But why would you do that? What you use for viewing and cataloging those files? Isn't MC good enough for that?

I have imported almost 10000 cover art & other music related image files to my main library (front, back, cd, inlay, booklet, some artists's promo or live pictures, etc). I have tagged them and I view them with MC.

You can easily separate your personal image files from the music related images with MC's usual database tools and view options.

I have gathered some links to my cover art & other music image related posts in this post: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=34263.msg233801#msg233801
You may want to browse through the links and check what I have written.

EDIT

So, how do I avoid getting these images in Images without having to lose the association as Covert Art?

If you really don't want to import image files from your music folders you can untick the image file types in the advanced import options.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

If you really don't want to import image files from your music folders you can untick the image file types in the advanced import options.
You can also set the cover art directory as a directory to exclude in the import.  It's just like adding any directory.

Osho

• MC Beta Team

Thanks for the useful info. The thing is that my images files are in the same directory as the music. In that case, if I untick the image file types in the advanced import options, will it get the album art from the directory?

thanks,
Osho
Pages: [1]   Go Up