INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC12 wants to resync nearly all tracks that have already been synched to my IPOD  (Read 949 times)

nickharambee

• Galactic Citizen
  • doh!

hi

i am using MC 12 to sync songs to my ipod (converting from flac to mp3).  i have only synched a couple of times and have about 8000 songs on my ipod.  this time i went to sync again as i have added a couple of hundred tracks to my library, and MC wants to resync nearly all of the tracks that are already on the ipod and delete the equivalent tracks on the ipod.

i am not sure why this is happening.  i am using the same version of MC, and am synching from the same drive, over a network.  previously i had the network drive as a mapped drive on the pc running MC, but now i am connecting to the same drive through 'my network places' (having done this i had to use the find/replace function in MC to update the filename field). not sure if this is what is making the difference - if it is though, why are a few of the 8,000 recognised as being on the device already?.  is there a way of getting MC to recognise that the tracks that it is trying to delete and resync are the same tracks, making resynching of these tracks unnecessary, leaving just the new 200 tracks to sync?

thanks

nick
Pages: [1]   Go Up