INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My cover art is laughing at me  (Read 1112 times)

nedam

• Junior Woodchuck
My cover art is laughing at me
« on: December 16, 2006, 09:12:49 pm »

Try as I might I am unable to delete the cover art using the context menu choice Remove Cover Art.  When asked if I want to permanently delete the file I always say Yes but it is not deleted from the hard drive.  Next time I run Quick Find From Hard Disk the file shows up again unless I manually delete the file outside of MC.  There is no error message but if I look in the folder the jpg is still there.

I swear my cover art is laughing at me.  It's getting difficult to hold my head up and I am contemplating drinking myself to death.  Or at least drinking.

If anyone knows the answer you could save seven or eight beers from an untimely death.

Thanks,

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
Re: My cover art is laughing at me
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 03:01:53 am »

Sorry, seems weird...

I did buy some Heineken stocks though ;D

I'm not sure but could it have to do with how the files are called? (folder.jpg) There's a "File Location" setting in options. Maybe it has to do with the setting in their? (Location Rule)

Regards,

Theo

nedam

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 08:39:53 am »

Thanks for the reply 4BYE.  They are named Folder.jpg and I will try changing the name to the album\artist option and see if I can delete.  Of course it should delete the file no matter what.  I have to assume this is some type of bug.

Thanks again.

jgreen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 10:15:48 am »

nedam--

Beers don't want your pity.  Not all God's creatures are destined to live 70,80,90 years, and certainly beers and bungie jumpers belong in this group. 

As for your other point, cover art doesn't know when to shut up.  Mine doesn't laugh, but it's yacking all day and all night.  The best solution I found is to wear headphones and keep a constant soundtrack going from MC.  Hendrix, Clapton, these guys know how to put cover art in its place.

Oh yeah, and just out of curiotsity, do you have "Store images in tags also" selected under tools/options/file location/track images location?  And at the same time, do you have "Update for external changes" selected under "library folders/auto-import folders/options?  I think this or something like it or else too much beer already may be causing this looping or loopiness.

nedam

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 02:00:19 pm »

Jgreen thanks for the reply.  Your information is clear and straight to the point and I will take it as gospel.  Never again will I show the slightest bit of sympathy for any glass of beer, wine or spirits of any type.

I did check the settings and they are set properly (No to ID tag storage and yes to Update) and I also checked to insure there are not multiple jpg files in the folders.  I’m really at a loss here but will keep trying.

Thanks again
Pages: [1]   Go Up