INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: editing the [Number Plays] field  (Read 789 times)

sithlord0338

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
editing the [Number Plays] field
« on: December 17, 2006, 07:16:09 pm »

Is there any way to edit the number plays field? I recently lost my play stats and wanted to try entering them manually using my last.fm stats.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: editing the [Number Plays] field
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 08:37:00 am »

you can use an external editor such as mp3tag to edit the [number plays] tag, then use the "update library from tags" tool in MC's library tools.

Not all 3rd party editors are able to edit these fields. Two that I know of are mp3tag which is freeware, and rather good at it's job, and mp3tagstudio which is either liscenced or adware, and also rather good at it's job. mp3tag is recommended for being a little more intuitive than tagstudio.

That's gotta be some chore-and-a-half you're lining up for yourself there  :o
Did you lose all your automatic library backups too?

-marko.

sithlord0338

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 11:47:21 pm »

thanks for the information. I downloaded mp3tag to try. I lost a good chunk of my play stats a few months ago when I upgraded my library from mp3 to flac. if i had have done a little research before i could have retained it. honestly, I'm not really sure I want to go through the work of recompiling the stats. After my last loss of stats I started storing the [number plays] field inside my files to avoid such a loss again.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 03:08:00 am »

well, if you still have a backup of the old mp3 library, and it's not too far behind, there's an outside chance that it could be sync'd with the new flac files, along with all the database only information.
Pages: [1]   Go Up