INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: media server  (Read 1180 times)

sdcoochie8

• Junior Woodchuck
media server
« on: December 22, 2006, 09:49:44 pm »

I have a home network but both computers do not run the MC12. Why is it that media server is running without me starting it? I didn't even realize it was running until I noticed media server on my start button for most used programs. I don't like the idea of this running on it's own considering I do not use it. Is this a feature or some sort of glitch?

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: media server
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 10:46:29 pm »

You can exit Media Server mode by clicking on the Media Server icon in the task bar.

Check your programs that run at start (c:\documents and settings\user\start menu\programs)
to see if it is getting started automatically, that may explain it.

Let us know if this fixes it.

j

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 10:53:29 pm »

I added a little documentation here:

http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Media_Server

but feel free to help me pad it out or fill in things I'm fuzzy on (startup terminology and firedaemon)

j

sdcoochie8

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2006, 11:59:09 pm »

It is not in my startup folder so I can't remove to stop this from happening. I checked my startup programs  listing and it is not in there either. Is the an option I have not seen that can turn this off and on?

sdcoochie8

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 12:07:01 am »

I see it in settings under shell integrations start media server at startup but it is not clicked so I don't know why it is starting. Perhaps it is set to start automatically or it is set to start as a bug in the beta. I'm not sure but I do know I haven't tried to start this feature myself ever.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2006, 07:46:34 am »

Make sure you completely exit Media Server. Look for the icon in the system tray, the computer with the MC logo. Click on it, then click "Close Media Server". Does it go away? Now log out and log back in, does it come back?

j

AustinBike

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2006, 09:11:06 am »

As a user who mainly listens via tivo, allow me to say thank you for the media server mode :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up