INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Support?  (Read 2654 times)

Crash068

Support?
« on: December 25, 2006, 03:34:52 am »

This is the only player I have paid for and I have done it twice. Primarily because of the potential and the depth of the features. However, I won't do it again. I have looked through the help files, then to the web site (no email address for support or phone number visible for customers) and now here. The worst part is what I found in the forums is post after post with problems and not a single response. It's as if your customers are talking to a wall. The duplicate file problem in the library is specifically what I was looking at and obviously other have the same problem. It's pathetic that thread after thread has no response from JRiver. It's apparently a "Thanks for the cash....see ya!" operation.

EX Customer.

Mr ChriZ

• Citizen of the Universe
  • :-D
Re: Support?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 06:09:18 am »

Merry Christmas Crash068  :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 08:16:22 am »

It's pretty hard to answer a question you didn't ask.

This is how we do support.  I'm sorry you don't like it.  People often start out negatively, but come around.  It generally works.  That's why the link on the home page for support comes directly to the index of this board.

A few questions don't get answered because nobody knows the answer, or the question is a suggestion, or there really isn't a question, but most support questions asked here do get an answer.

It's Christmas day in the U.S. and several people from JRiver will probably check in.  I'm one of them.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2006, 08:20:00 am »

Second JRiver person checking in...

j

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2006, 08:57:02 am »

how very noble of you to use your first post to forfeit your customer status on behalf of all those 'unanswered support questions'

I second Mr Chriz's sentiments in wishing you a very merry Christmas.
Also, don't forget, that as an existing liscence holder, you are still, technically, a customer, so, if you ever find yourself in need of help, don't hesitate to ask, you never know, you might just get an answer....

or not....

;)

:)

..hic :D

-marko.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2006, 09:40:45 am »

Santa did not put anything under the tree for him.

I Got Slippers (My old ones are in the trash)

Nothing On TV Today Except Sports (Gag, Gag) And Re-Runs

So I will Be Watching Hogans Heroes Season Five, Mission Impossible Season One, And Perry Mason Season One Vol Two.

Ham, Yams, And Mac And Cheese For Dinner
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

SwellGuy

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2006, 12:26:55 pm »

Crash068,

Please post a question we can help you with. Don't throw in the towel until you've at least seen what this forum can do for you.

Happy Holidays,

Rick (SwellGuy) Fritz
Software Developer, Media Center Products
JRiver, Inc.

Crash068

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 10:56:04 pm »

Sorry it comes off as rude when someone explains not only the problem they are having but points out that when searching these very threads he finds the same question time after time and no response. I'm puzzled how anyone reading the first post would feel the need to state ..."It's pretty hard to answer a question you didn't ask."...

Having said that I also fail to see the logic in repeating the steps that have proven ineffective to the previous posters. The post was to state a fact, no cursing or name calling included, not even a shred of biting sarcasm..just stating a fact. I've paid for this software twice, won't again and I specified why. There are no other means I see to make that point to the power-that-be other than the forum.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2006, 11:43:49 pm »

Well, considering your first post was a complaint about support you have not previously requested, you have to expect some harsh answers from some of the forum regulars.  All of JRiver responses have been professional.

As to their chosen means of support - it has good and bad sides.

The bad side: sometimes posts seem to go unheeded (even though JR does actually READ all of them - or at least 99.9% of them).
The good side:  your post is read by someone who can actually do something about it.  Would it make you feel better if you could call in to a 'call center' in India where all they can do is read from a script and drop your request in a pile that probably never makes it out of their cubicle?

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2007, 01:38:01 am »

The duplicate file problem in the library is specifically what I was looking at and obviously other have the same problem. It's pathetic that thread after thread has no response from JRiver. It's apparently a "Thanks for the cash....see ya!" operation.

EX Customer.
Because of the way the forum rolls, the 'problem' is hard to identify from your few words alone. It might have been easier to grasp had you included links to those threads for us to reference.

FWIW, duplicate files are usually only seen when an .m3u file is imported along with the actual audio files, so what you are looking at, is a reference to the file directly, and a reference to the file from the .m3u file.

Generally, what happens is, you report your problem, giving details as to how we might reproduce it at our end, and then if we can see it happen, we can advise why, and steps to take to fix things and avoid repitition. If your mind is set, that's fine, it's your choice and you're free to make it, if, on the other hand, you'd like to take the time to describe the problem, and the steps to recreate it, you never know, you just might find a solution. No guarantees, mind you, but if you don't try, you'll never know....

modelmaker

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2007, 02:05:31 am »

JRver is closed for the holidays until Tuesday.

You do need to be more specific for anyone to help you. This is in fact that best place for support, but we're not mind readers. What were the circumstances for the double purchase? I'm sure if you specified the problem JRiver will take care of it if they can, we're really all good people here, nobody's trying to rip you off or put you off.

And to the other question, what kind of issues are you having with duplicates? Specify.

If a query does somehow get low enuff on the page, then "bump" it back up by all means!

There's some pretty smart people around here and they're all more than happy to pitch in and help you. We're all enthusiasts, otherwise we wouldn't be here at 3 am New Year's day.

Happy New Year all! Jay, aka modelmaker.
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up