INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Welcome Back (Kotter) hehe! MC12  (Read 1458 times)

simpleuser99

• Junior Woodchuck
  • BANZAI!!!!
Welcome Back (Kotter) hehe! MC12
« on: December 26, 2006, 01:26:02 am »

Been out for 2 years. Used Windows Media Player due to some minor issues with MC10 (mainly usability with new OS's) like Win XP x64 and Album art, etc.

Checked in a week ago to see MC12 - After using Windows Media Player 11 - and I was blown away. This new version really runs smoother and cleaner than WiMP11. PLUS, not crazy and overly intrusive DRM, and MS overlord like feeling.

This new version is amazing. So I will let you know how things are going.

MC12 works on Vista Ultimate fairly well but does utilize quite a bit of cpu resources on my dual core AMD- might be by design from the OS.

On my QX6700 quad-core this thing really screams. I am not sure if it is optimized fror quad core but I will keep my eye on what happens. My quad is on XP Pro 32bit.

Freaking Amazing (with laser beams and everything BABY). Keep up the good work.

Gary

Edit (12/27/06): After further use, I have to say that MC12 is a real stinger to WMP11 *** AND *** Windows Media Center (Vista). When I switched from Display (of a video) Mode to Playing Now, I found that the video was still playing in the Action Window. VERY CLEVER !!!! You people at JRiver absolutely must get this out of Beta and into the main stream market. People will buy this if it is stable and you do some marketing. It blows everything else out of the water.  ;D

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Welcome Back (Kotter) hehe! MC12
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 07:00:29 am »

Thanks!  And welcome back.
Pages: [1]   Go Up