INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange problem using MediaServer  (Read 709 times)

Marcel de Man

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Strange problem using MediaServer
« on: December 29, 2006, 07:46:07 am »

Hi,

I'm a MC user for many years now without major issues. I was using MC11 for my setup. My setup is one computer running mediaserver and several other computers in the house streaming music, video and pictures. Two weeks ago I made the switch to MC12. It ran for about an hour and locked up. Only one computer was streaming audio at that moment. After trying several scenario's I'm at a point I could use some advise. This is what is happening:

- If I stream audio from the mediaserver and the I have cover art on my display everything runs fine. I had this configuration running for a couple of days without issues.
- Now if I switch to 3d picture cube it runs for about 30 minutes and locks up. The message says that MC lost connection with the mediaserver.
-If I check the mediaserver it is still running in the system tray. If I select the option to show MediaCenter it will open, but as soon as I select any option in MC it will lock up.
- If I terminate the program and restart it, it won't. It will show in the taskmanager using 99% off the cpu power, but the MC will never show.
- The only way to make it run is to reboot the computer.

For now I'm running with just cover art on my display. No big problem just wondering if anyone is seeying the same problem.

Thanks
Marcel
Pages: [1]   Go Up