INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Device is fully synchronized" - But I want to change sync options!  (Read 1611 times)

Tanguero

• World Citizen

If I connect my iPOD and MC12 detects that there are files to sync I get an "options" link in the sync panes allowing me to change the conditions for the sync by e.g. including a new playlist.

But, when I connect the iPOD and MC12 detects that there are no files to sync according to present sync conditions, I get the message "Device is fully synchronized".  I would really like to see the "options" link also in this case, since the most common reason for me to connect the iPOD to the computer is that I want to sync, but with one or more new playlists included in the sync.

The present design seems to be made with static sync conditions in mind. That's a pity since the sync options handling - when I finally reach it through the menues - otherwise is really nice in MC12!

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: "Device is fully synchronized" - But I want to change sync options!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 08:00:06 am »

Not seeing the same thing with 12.0.130.

Plug in my iPod (fully synced), and I get the action window with a sync button a details and options link (when I can get the 'real' iPod to show up - otherwise I get a drop files here to the 'ghost' ipod entry).  I DON'T have automatically sync on connect enabled.

You can always get to the options by clicking on the iPod in 'Drives and Devices' as opposed to going digging through menus.

Tanguero

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 08:12:53 am »

Problem solved!

Very strange. I just upgraded the software in my iPod, and now I get the same behaviour as you, BartMan01, wich is what I want. Provided that it stays that way I will be perfectly happy with it.

I am a bit confused that a change in iPod should affect MC like that. It could of course be a coincidence, but I haven't changed anyting else.

Tanguero

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 08:31:40 am »

Btw Bartman01, Thank you for your 'Drives and Devices'  advice!

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 08:04:59 pm »

If I connect my iPOD and MC12 detects that there are files to sync I get an "options" link in the sync panes allowing me to change the conditions for the sync by e.g. including a new playlist.

But, when I connect the iPOD and MC12 detects that there are no files to sync according to present sync conditions, I get the message "Device is fully synchronized".  I would really like to see the "options" link also in this case, since the most common reason for me to connect the iPOD to the computer is that I want to sync, but with one or more new playlists included in the sync.

I see this behavior as well -- as far as I remember MC12 has always worked this way.  If the iPod is fully synched, I have to do as Bartman says and use the "drives and devices" tree to look at the iPod details.

What iPod software were you using before, and which did you change to to get the new behavior?  As far as I know, my iPod (5G Video) is still working the way you originally described.

Thanks,

Larry

Tanguero

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 08:00:47 am »

My iPod is a new 30GB Video, model MA444S; I guess that is a 5G. The software was upgraded to 1.2.1 through iTunes. Unfortunately I didn't note what version it was before.

Still, I can't understand why an upgrade should change MC:s handling of the sync, but as I said, I don't know anything else that was changed.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006, 03:15:28 pm »

Odd - my new Nano 2G is working as described in the original post.  The iPod Photo shows up in the action window with options, the Nano shows up in the action window as just 'the device is fully synced' and no options links.
Pages: [1]   Go Up