INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: smart way to copy imagefiles?  (Read 2487 times)

joh

• World Citizen
smart way to copy imagefiles?
« on: December 30, 2006, 05:44:30 am »

I like to store my cover-art files in the mp3 / ape files, so have this option set ("store images in tags also").

I found that I from one and the same album have some tracks that has an imagefile associated with them, and others that do not.

Can someone suggest an automated method for copying imagefiles from tracks from one album that has image files to the ones that do not?

Mr ChriZ

• Citizen of the Universe
  • :-D
Re: smart way to copy imagefiles?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 05:49:40 am »

Select the track that has the image file.
x Right click on it,
x select image from the drop down,
x select Copy To Clipboard

Then select the files you want the image in
x Right click on them
x Select image from the drop down
x Select Paste From Clipboard

joh

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 06:00:52 am »

Select the track that has the image file.
x Right click on it...

Thanks Mr ChriZ, I've used this method, but was looking for something more automatic to handle larger number of files

scthom

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 07:59:25 am »

How about just select all files and then Update Tags From Library?

joh

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 04:19:03 am »

How about just select all files and then Update Tags From Library?

Thanks,
I tried this, but saw no effect - is this command supposed to read an album image file available in the 'cover art' folder and write it to the file tag?

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 07:36:41 am »

if you have the files in the cover art folder, surely, all you need to do is select all files, then use the 'quick find in files/cover art directory' tool?

I can't say it will work for you with absolute confidence because I don't keep art inside the files here, but it would most certainly work for me.

-marko.

modelmaker

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006, 08:46:50 am »

I just finished updating all my files and tags and backups, (it took 6 days - 40 000+ files).

I had been under the impression since version 9.1 or 10 that with the "also store in files" checked, that the cover art was in fact being stored in the files as the tracks and images were imported, (I save the covr art images originally in the album folder, (next to file - not in the cover art folder). Alas, MC was only linking the image to the files and storing that in the database only. It seems that MC only stores the cover art in the file when you do an  " update tags from library". It is not automatic, unless I  have missed something.

If your cover art is already linked to the files in the library (db), then all you should have to do is highlight the whole audio library and the update tags from library. It will take some time if you have a lot of files.

If all your cover art is not linked, then you'll have to do that first as mentioned by marko. If they are saved in the cover art folder, your cover art should be named artist - album. (If saved in the album folder, MC 12 will rename the image artist - album automatically.). If the cover art is not named or linked, then you'll have to do that manually using the "add from file". Then update tags.

btw, updating my 43 k tags took about 12 hours, updating the 400gigs of backup drives took 4 days as nearly every tag had changed.
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 10:56:19 am »

I had been under the impression since version 9.1 or 10 that with the "also store in files" checked, that the cover art was in fact being stored in the files as the tracks and images were imported, (I save the covr art images originally in the album folder, (next to file - not in the cover art folder). Alas, MC was only linking the image to the files and storing that in the database only. It seems that MC only stores the cover art in the file when you do an  " update tags from library". It is not automatic, unless I  have missed something.

I too have spent a lot of time getting my cover art sorted out.  My cover art is added to the files real time.  I do not have to update tags from library. 

I do store my cover art in a common separate folder, but I don't know why that would make any difference.  Also, changing the option to Store Images in Tags Also only effects embedding the cover art going forward.  If there are links already established, it will not embed the cover art automatically for these files. 

I had situations in the past where my cover art got messed up.  To correct this I made sure all of my options were correct, cleared the Image File tag, and did a Quick Find In File / Cover Art Directory.  Of course this assumes that you have all of the correct cover art, and it is named correctly, or you may be moving backwards.

joh

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 05:22:25 pm »

if you have the files in the cover art folder, surely, all you need to do is select all files, then use the 'quick find in files/cover art directory' tool?

I can't say it will work for you with absolute confidence because I don't keep art inside the files here, but it would most certainly work for me.

-marko.

Thanks a lot, this worked well. Sorry I had not perused all the menues.... Happy New Years! /Olle
Pages: [1]   Go Up