INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: library server with indexed files?  (Read 2315 times)

desertsand

• Recent member
library server with indexed files?
« on: December 30, 2006, 09:33:14 pm »

Hi,

I have a bunch of CDs that were each ripped into one ape file.  These ape files have indices which allow individual track access.  MC11 seems okay with this but when I request to play them over library server it gives an error saying that the file doesn't exist.  Is this a bug or should this be possible?

If it isn't possible, is there an easy way to convert these files to individual files keeping tag info?

Thanks!

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: library server with indexed files?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 01:24:54 pm »

I don't know off the top of my head, I'll take a look when I get a chance.

j

desertsand

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 03:25:33 am »

I don't mind separating these files if I have to.  Is there a decent tool to do this?  These are mostly ape files and I guess I did a couple with flac but don't remeber why.

desertsand

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 09:08:53 pm »

bump

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 10:00:17 am »

Media Center can convert them for you. Just convert them to APE or whatever format you want, it'll break them into individual files.

j

desertsand

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 04:37:38 am »

Oh, no kidding?!   :o  I'll give that a try...thanks!   ;D ;D

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 03:54:10 pm »

Unfortunately MC does not tag files that are converted from CUE tracks. Also, the created filenames do not contain useful track info. (You are speaking about about the single APE file & CUE sheet format, aren't you?)

A possible workaround is to use Mp3tag for copying the track info after the files are converted.

You can drag a cue file to Mp3tag, select all, do "right-click > Tag Copy", load the converted track files, select all and do "right-click > Paste Tag".

After that you can use MC's "Update Library From Tags" and "Rename Files From Properties" tools for naming the new files properly (also Mp3tag can rename the files before importing to MC, if preferred).

JRiver, please add tagging to conversion from cue tracks. MC can tag files directly from library when wave files are converted so it should be possible.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up