INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Handheld cache issues.  (Read 834 times)

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Handheld cache issues.
« on: December 31, 2006, 03:12:30 pm »

Two issues that I am seeing with the current build:
1)  Handheld cache is not actually caching any files with the default directory rule ([artist]\[album]) settings.  It creates the folders, but they are empty.  I have two handhelds set up, one uses the default directory rule settings, the other's directory rule is blank.  The blank one actually creates the cache files, the 'default' one does not.

2) The settings are user specific (as opposed to library specific), and when 'changing' another users settings to match the rest - it blows away the cache directory.  This is unexpected and annoying.  You have to first move all the cache files to another place, then go in one by one and adjust each users settings to match the rest, then move the cached files back.  Otherwise you lose them all and MC has to re-build.

DarkPenguin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Handheld cache issues.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 02:16:52 pm »

You synced files to that handheld that required a conversion and those files did not get cached?  What are your settings for that handheld cache?

Cache files can be deleted at any time.  If things change I have no way of knowing if the files are valid (they are explicitly NOT in the database) so when things change they are invalidated.

Pages: [1]   Go Up