INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View - My recomendations.  (Read 1146 times)

Twit

• Junior Woodchuck
Theater View - My recomendations.
« on: January 01, 2007, 01:24:32 pm »

Hi all,

First off, I do not usually use theater view. I run my HTPC using Xlobby playing through winamp. BUT i use MC12 for all my library needs, its the best tagger/manager out there - and I have tried them all.

My mate was having a new years eve party and asked if I could do something for the music. Moving my setup there was just too complicated. Then I thought i could just take my laptop over with its remote and output Theater View on his Plasma. So this happened all in one night.

Worked great, but having been the DJ for the night - with only the remote in hand I can make the following suggestions.

1 - How about a native USB-UIRT plugin?
2 - The OSK on the search screen needs to have a QWERTY display option.
3 - The search screen also did not work with my laptops keyboard (typing letters). - Is it supposed to?
4 - Most screens need an "Add All" button. IE I want to add a whole album to the end of the play list.
5 - If I currently have some songs in the que and pick a song to 'play' it deletes the entire 'playing now' and adds that song - repeating. Would it not be better to insert the 'play' song at the top of the current que.
6 - If i browse artist/album/tracks and pick one song from the album and click add - the entire playing now is deleted and replaced with the ENTIRE album , not just the track I chose. I would imagine the "play all" button is supposed to do that.
7 - Maybe its my 'view scheme' setup's but if I setup "album" only view and go into it then click search - the search results show song names as well. Can I stop this behaviour somehow. Is there a way to only search on either Artist OR Album OR track?
8 - Refering to NO: 6 , if i 'play' a song from a search result, all songs in the search result are added.
9 - If i pick a dvd to play, it starts playing in the small 'display view' window. I actually like that feature. But if i then click the display view button the movie goes fullscreen BUT starts from the beginning again. Can I stop this behaviour somehow.
10 - Is there a 'clear playlist' button somewhere?
11 - Can the colour of the scroll bar in 'display view' be changed. I used the 'Best for TV' track info and added the lyrics under it - so i just pushed down to scroll the lyrics up. Worked great. You would be suprised how many drunk people can suddenly sing when they can see the lyrics.
12 - The standard window pop ups - ie accessing YADB should stay hidden whilst in Theater View. OR even better would be to have a Theater View version of them pop up.

Thanks for reading my rant. ;D

Later
Simon.

PS If anyone knows a work around for any of the above please post a reply. Any help much appreciated.

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Theater View - My recomendations.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 05:04:10 pm »

Hey! Excellent ideas. I've asked for many of these many, many times over. In particular:-

5 - If I currently have some songs in the que and pick a song to 'play' it deletes the entire 'playing now' and adds that song - repeating. Would it not be better to insert the 'play' song at the top of the current que.
6 - If i browse artist/album/tracks and pick one song from the album and click add - the entire playing now is deleted and replaced with the ENTIRE album , not just the track I chose. I would imagine the "play all" button is supposed to do that.
8 - Refering to NO: 6 , if i 'play' a song from a search result, all songs in the search result are added.

I really dislike this behaviour and there should be a way to control how items are added to playing now.

10 - Is there a 'clear playlist' button somewhere?

It wouldn't hurt putting a button on the playing now screen to do this. Again, very frustrating. You can do it with the command "MC12.exe /Clear" but you shouldn't need to do this for such a basic function.

As for these.... Here's what I know:-

2 - The OSK on the search screen needs to have a QWERTY display option.
I agree but I think it poses a) screen real-estate problems and b) remote navigational issues. I would like to see a querty keyboard appear a the top of the screen with the search results at the bottom.

3 - The search screen also did not work with my laptops keyboard (typing letters). - Is it supposed to?
I don't believe so. It may happen but this is currently by design I believe.

4 - Most screens need an "Add All" button. IE I want to add a whole album to the end of the play list.
Right click (of use your keyboard's menu button) on the ablum you want to add and choose "Add"

9 - If i pick a dvd to play, it starts playing in the small 'display view' window. I actually like that feature. But if i then click the display view button the movie goes fullscreen BUT starts from the beginning again. Can I stop this behaviour somehow.

I dunno about this one. I don't have this problem. Start the movie and then hit Shift-F11. What do you get?

12 - The standard window pop ups - ie accessing YADB should stay hidden whilst in Theater View. OR even better would be to have a Theater View version of them pop up.

Another brilliant idea!!!

RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation
Pages: [1]   Go Up