INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smartlist for recently imported albums?  (Read 1127 times)

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Smartlist for recently imported albums?
« on: January 12, 2007, 03:34:04 pm »

This may be a crazy question but here goes...

Is there any way to create a view which shows a list of recently imported albums? For instance, I use this expression:-

[Media Type]=[Audio] [Date Imported]=<180d ~sort=[Artist],[Album],[Track #] completealbum==1

This works but it shows me all tracks imported. Is there a way to just show the album names?

Thanks
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

gappie

Re: Smartlist for recently imported albums?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 05:54:27 pm »

that is possible. make a view scheme with only album in step 1, and put your expession in step 4. put the view on album (so not on panes) and choose list style: details.

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 06:24:19 pm »

that is possible. make a view scheme with only album in step 1, and put your expession in step 4. put the view on album (so not on panes) and choose list style: details.

Oh I see. Thanks very much. Where I was going wrong is I was trying to do this in a Playlist/Smartlist. I don't suppose this is possible is it?

Thanks again.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 09:27:13 pm »

I wanted to do the same thing with a smartlist, but only for exporting the list to HTML - so I could just send it to any friend who asks "What have you got recently?". It doesn't work for playback (you'll see in a sec why not - it would only play the first track of each album).

Anyway, this is the expression:

[Media Type]=[Audio] [Track #]==1 -[Genre]=[Podcast] [Disc #]=<=1 [CompleteAlbum]==1 [Date Imported]=<90d

This displays the first track of every album imported in the last 90 days. So if you alter the view to just display the [Album Artist (auto)],[Album],[Genre],[Date (year)], you get a pretty succinct list of albums imported recently.

Maybe there's a better way of doing it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up