INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can Reg.# from 12 be used for 11 (or 12 using ASIO Out to a USB DAC)?  (Read 1996 times)

mrmb

• Recent member

Because I can't seem to get 12 via ASIO to recognize my USB DAC Device (Wavelength Brick), I thought I would revert back to 11.  I used a trial version of 11 a few months ago and as I recall, it and ASIO recognized my USB Device. 

Thus, since no answers have been forthcoming to Brucemck2's ASIO's Thread http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=38031.0, and my ASIO thread http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=38353.0, I thought I would try loading and running MC11 to see if the problem was 12.

I really don't need 11, but if 12's registration key will work for 11 -- I can't seem to get it to do so -- then I have no problem with using 11. 

Please advise if 12's key will work with 11. 
                   Or
Please advise:  How I can get 12 to output to my USB DAC using ASIO? 
Is a driver like ASIO4All required, because I'm not using one -- should I be, or does MC have its own?  Why isn't my device recognized?  Or am I miss-setting something in the Playback Output and Mode Settings? 

mrmb

• Recent member
Re: Can Reg.# from 12 be used for 11 (or 12 using ASIO Out to a USB DAC)?
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 03:20:34 pm »

John,
I followed the instruction provided, but the install key won't do it. 

I uninstalled both 12 and 11.  Installed 11, tried the key, and received an unknown error message.

I uninstalled/installed 11 again, tried again, still no go.

I reinstalled 12, leaving 11 also installed, and 12 came up without the need for a key -- probably connected to the former one. (?)

It would be nice if I could install 11 to try ASIO to USB DAC connenction.  However if 12 would do what I needed, 11 is obviously superfluous.

Assumably simple question:  "Is a driver like ASIO4All required, because I'm not using one -- should I be, or does MC have its own?"  "Why isn't my device recognized?"  "Or am I miss-setting something in the Playback Output and Mode Settings?"  Direct Sound finds my USB DAC.  So, when selecting ASIO, it would seem that my DAC would again be found, unless of course an ASIO Driver (outside of MC12) is needed.  If a driver is needed, which ASIO drvier is recommended?....Mike 

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 03:51:24 pm »

You must be using the latest version of MC11

j

MerlinWerks

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 12:36:04 pm »

Hi,

I am reasonably certain that MC does not provide any type of ASIO hardware driver for any version. Your Wavelength Brick is designed to use Windows native USB audio drivers and as far as I can tell there are no ASIO drivers available from Wavelength. So you will need to use one of the ASIO wrapper type drivers such as ASIO4ALL.

Good Luck!

mrmb

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 01:21:32 pm »

Thanks Merlinwerks,
I was fairly certain of the need for an ASIO driver, but obviously was seeking confirmation.

I will try ASIO4All again.  However, I hear no difference between it and direct sound, and given my system's resolution I would have assumed that there would have been a noticable difference.

Thus, I'm not sure if all of my settings ASIO/MC12 are as they should be, but will tinker around with options. 

If anyone has had good results using a USB DAC with MC at 32K, 44.1K, 48K input, 16 bits, please post your ASIO driver, and its and MC's settings....Thanks, Mike

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 05:12:44 pm »

However, I hear no difference between it and direct sound, and given my system's resolution I would have assumed that there would have been a noticable difference.

Usually it is impossible to hear any audible differences between different output modes if the drivers are properly designed and the audio hardware itself is of high quality.

ASIO drivers have lower latency and this is why ASIO is often used when instantaneous monitoring of the recorded signal is needed.

Another advantage is mathematically bit-perfect SPDIF output at 44.1 kHz, which is needed when a 44.1 kHz DTS audio signal is decoded with an external DTS processor. Naturally, the sound card hardware must support 44.1 kHz pass through in this case. (Usually 48 kHz DD or DTS video soundtrack pass through to SPDIF is supported with standard Windows drivers.)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up